DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 1: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw (1/19/2019) - Brooklyn, NY (Barclays Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Wow. TJ acting like a total sore loser here saying the fight was stopped when Cejudo was defending a single leg, saying Cejudo didn't win, saying it's bullshit, etc., etc.

Everyone needs to look at how Stipe accepted losing to DC. He lost with 100% class. TJ was knocked stupid.

• Like 4

Also, apparently no censorship on ESPN +? TJ has dropped about 100 fucks, fuckins, bullshit, shit, and so on.

EDIT: LOL gets asked if he would do a rematch at 135 and TJ is like, naw man, let's do it at 125. Hey man, you had your fucking shot and you lost. Just say you didn't expect Cejudo to be that aggressive, he beat me, he's earned a shot at my title if Dana wants to set it up, I'm not afraid, yada yada.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Wow. TJ acting like a total sore loser here saying the fight was stopped when Cejudo was defending a single leg, saying Cejudo didn't win, saying it's bullshit, etc., etc.

Everyone needs to look at how Stipe accepted losing to DC. He lost with 100% class. TJ was knocked stupid.

Mighty Mouse as well when he lost to Cejudo. If I remember rightly, Cruz to Garbrandt.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Because it's ESPN and during the actual show they were adding in silence when fighters were using profanity.

If you are watching at this time of night, it's safe to say you can handle some profanity.

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If you are watching at this time of night, it's safe to say you can handle some profanity.

Right, I can handle some profanity. This wasn't exactly some profanity, it was a lot. Anyway, you can handle it too. We all can. Hell, I'd wager to say most of the audience can. This still being an ESPN product and Disney still owning this makes it surprising.

That being said, it's refreshing to hear them just let people talk. Since this is an internet product, I'd like to hear the same treatment if they air late night basketball post game press conferences or hockey post game press conferences or whatever else they're going to air.

lol Dana regarding Greg Hardy, excitedly saying, "He can fight!"

I don't know. That first round he looked sloppy and completely undisciplined, as someone at his level should be. Him winging punches like it's a bumfight doesn't exactly scream, "he can fight."

BTW, regarding my feed issues, I never could get it to work on Firefox again, but it did work on Chrome. The ESPN app on my phone worked well too.

Just now, Craig H said:

Right, I can handle some profanity. This wasn't exactly some profanity, it was a lot. Anyway, you can handle it too. We all can. Hell, I'd wager to say most of the audience can. This still being an ESPN product and Disney still owning this makes it surprising.

That being said, it's refreshing to hear them just let people talk. Since this is an internet product, I'd like to hear the same treatment if they air late night basketball post game press conferences or hockey post game press conferences or whatever else they're going to air.

They can always go back and censor it.

It's funny you bring that up. This afternoon, I was watching Larry Holmes' post fight presser tirade after the first Michael Spinks fight. It was on ESPN.

Just now, Elsalvajeloco said:

They can always go back and censor it.

It's funny you bring that up. This afternoon, I was watching Larry Holmes' post fight presser tirade after the first Michael Spinks fight. It was on ESPN.

That's actually a good point. For sure it's getting edited on ESPN Sportscenter, but I wonder if it stays that way on ESPN+ if you can go back and watch stuff.

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

lol Dana regarding Greg Hardy, excitedly saying, "He can fight!"

I don't know. That first round he looked sloppy and completely undisciplined, as someone at his level should be. Him winging punches like it's a bumfight doesn't exactly scream, "he can fight."

He should be on the AXS TV level. The problem is 9 outta 10 of those HW dudes would just lose in under a minute. If he could get in a PFL tournament, that would get him more experience against solid, durable heavyweights who don't absolutely suck. Plus, I think he needs to drop some weight. He is going to gas inside of ten minutes in a real fight. PFL has a bunch of ATT dudes and a few of em even won those tournaments.

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

BTW, regarding my feed issues, I never could get it to work on Firefox again, but it did work on Chrome. The ESPN app on my phone worked well too.

I watched the TR fights on ESPN+ last night no problems at all but I was watching it on my work laptop hardwired in w/ 2 monitors (was watching the DAZN fights on the other monitor). The ESPN+ prelim portion was smooth on my phone. I switched to my personal laptop for the main card and my feed went out just like everyone here right after PVZ/Ostovich. For some reason, only the Spanish feed was available for a few minutes. Then I was able to get back in during round 2 of Benavidez/Ortiz II. I'm guessing folks were hammering the stream because I haven't heard much in the way of complaints when they've done the boxing. Like none at all.

Holy shit, yeah, almost the same exact experience. I was watching the prelim portion on my phone and everything was working well. The time came for the main card and I hopped on my gaming PC, which is hardwired, and like you I couldn't get much working after the PVZ fight. I missed almost all of the Gillespie fight so I'll need to re-watch that somehow. I checked my phone again at some point too and it was working on there. That's when I switched browsers on my PC and it was working again.

Oh yeah, I remembered I downloaded an ESPN app on my computer so I thought maybe I should watch it there. I open that up and there's a message that it's no longer being supported as of 2017. I guess I can delete that.

If this shit works and gives me a decent way to watch fights and hockey games, I'll keep it if it's just $5 a month. Like you said, the stream was probably being hammered. Other than that, video quality was good. I didn't have any issues with skipping or buffering. Just the one annoying thing was the silent pause for commercial breaks. Why even have the screen up. Break for commercials in other countries where the show isn't on ESPN+, but if you're watching on their platform, show what's happening. That's basically the one change I'd like to see.

Maybe you guys will be lucky enough and they'll leave the feed on during a stream one time and you'll end up with gold like this:

Dillashaw has always been a bit of a bitch ass, so it's not surprising he's pulling this after losing. I mean, I will be the first to say I enjoyed him toying with dummy Cody Garbrandt in the build-up to their fights and ripping on Team Alpha Male in general, but he's a cocky prick through and through. 

I want to see Khabib vs. Gillespie within the next year or so. Khabib looks a much bigger man, but he's only got an inch on Gillespie in height and Gillespie actually has an inch on him in terms of reach.

Ostovich really impressed me despite getting caught in the scramble. Her power punch -> heel trip combo was super slick and timed to perfection on the regular. She's definitely got some tools to make a decent push in a shallow and developing (in other words, "terrible") division and she'll get all the opportunities because of her story and her appearance. PVZ is super limited but her ability to scramble will keep her in fights she'd otherwise be out of. Calderwood vs. PVZ next? UFC should rehab Lipske and Ostovich because both could be decent draws for them. 

• Like 1

I had no idea Rustam was on a six fight win streak (I think one of those may have been a bad decision but don't remember off the top of my head). That seems like the right fight for Gregor. Probably won't be thrilling since both are pretty good wrestlers, but if he can beat another guy on a long win streak (Khabilov is set to fight Diego Ferreira in Prague so he can push his to seven in a row), that does more for him than facing whatever guy is left after presumably a lot of top fighters turned him down.

23 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Shouldn't the joke be about the flyweight division disappearing?

Cejudo wants 125 to still be around. He beat the best bantamweight on the planet in under an minute.

Just now, Elsalvajeloco said:

Cejudo wants 125 to still be around. He beat the best bantamweight on the planet in under an minute.

Yeah, but aren't all the rumors about them dropping the division?