DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 1: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw (1/19/2019) - Brooklyn, NY (Barclays Center)

Elsalvajeloco

20 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So Screaming A Smith is more of a regular on ESPN UFC that I hoped for.  ?

He was on the first few Top Rank Boxing events and then gradually was phased out. He only shows up now for the big fights or PPV fights (since ESPN distributes TR's PPVs). So I don't expect him to pop up much going forward.

4 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Work in progress.

If this was ten years ago, someone would've slipped a note to Anik or DC saying this ain't KSW.

Lipski looked a bit shellshocked in round 1 and never really got going.

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

Work in progress.

Yeah, she is like a jiu-jitsu student who can roll against brown and black belts and survive if she just defends the entire time, but she's green as grass as a grappler.  With that said, there is a lot to like about her offensive striking skills.  My favorite thing is that she rarely throws one shot.  The way she throws in combination, especially throwing combinations off the counter, is way ahead of the game.  She needs to tighten up her entire game, especially her tendency to do one thing at a time.  If she can fill some of those holes, she's a really interesting prospect.  

Just now, Oyaji said:

And completely gassed after round one. Her strikes are obviously a strength but most everything else needs a lot of work. She'll probably get a putback of a fight next I would think.

If she isn't injured, she will be on the Curitiba card in May and get like the loser of De La Rosa vs. Kassem or someone on the fringes of being cut.

That was an unreal fight with both fighters throwing incredibly crisp, fast, heavy strikes and not backing down. Hernandez really impressed me in defeat but he was slowly getting overwhelmed after starting off so strongly.

Just now, Oyaji said:

That was an unreal fight with both fighters throwing incredibly crisp, fast, heavy strikes and not backing down. Hernandez really impressed me in defeat but he was slowly getting overwhelmed after starting off so strongly.

Cerrone looked old as hell coming into the fight, but everything looked to be in order. He landed anything he wanted.

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Cerrone looked old as hell coming into the fight, but everything looked to be in order. He landed anything he wanted.

I thought the same thing. Opening 30 seconds and I'm thinking this won't end well for him. Then he proceeds to dismantle Hernandez. Those step in knees really messed with his game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Until that head kick, he was still marching forward and eating shots.  He was getting his ass kicked, but he wasn't hurt until the ending sequence.  

He walked right into a knee earlier and froze as if he realized Cerrone wasn't fucking around.

• Like 1