DVDVR Message Board

Great Songs In Horrible Movies

J.T.

3 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

In my mind, I honestly can't remember Reality Bites and Singles as two separate movies, though imdb swears they came two years apart. 

Oh My God... fucking Singles

I think the most infuriating thing regarding that soundtrack are all the songs in the movie that WEREN'T on the soundtrack

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh My God... fucking Singles

I think the most infuriating thing regarding that soundtrack are all the songs in the movie that WEREN'T on the soundtrack

At some point I think the characters go to some club where Soundgarden is playing and Birth Ritual is on for like five seconds.

I don't remember if Would by AiC played in the movie.  It probably didn't.  I think I slept thorough most of Singles.

Edited by J.T.

Aside from a banging AiC track, I remember that soundtrack for Screaming Trees' "Nearly Lost You."  And then it reminds me of the best Screaming Trees story.  They had a pair of brothers on guitar and bass and both were, um, dudes of size.  Real members of Team Beefy.  Apparently they were dancing/moshing while playing and accidentally ended up hitting a Bossman/Akeem attack on the lead singer, just squashing the smaller dude between them.  He understandably declared a moratorium on dancing after that.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, J.T. said:

At some point I think the characters go to some club where Soundgarden is playing and Birth Ritual is on for like five seconds.

I don't remember if Would by AiC played in the movie.  It probably didn't.  I think I slept thorough most of Singles.

Speaking of Crowe, I'm sure there's something from the Elizabethtown soundtrack that fits this mold. The soundtrack has a lot of great tunes. 

6 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Aside from a banging AiC track, I remember that soundtrack for Screaming Trees' "Nearly Lost You."  

and Birth Ritual by Soundgarden.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1