DVDVR Message Board

NXT UK TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

On 1/10/2020 at 6:43 PM, AxB said:

Piper Niven definitely isn't winning the Women's title, because she dedicated the match to Lionheart's memory.

Called it.

• 2 weeks later...

Fun episode of NXT UK last night. The Hunt vs Burch & Lorcan was a really fun tag match, Ridge Holland and T-Bone had a neat scrap and the main of Imperium vs SWSC & Dave Mastiff was very good stuff. It looks like we're getting WALTER vs the Bomber in the coming weeks, which I'm all in on

This is the set of tapings where Eddie Dennis got injured, so he had to vacate the Progress title, isn't it? Don't see how it could have happened in his little post promo scuffle with Billy Two Rivers on this episode. They seem to tape a whole load of episodes in one bunch with this brand. The upcoming shows there announced it's two (back to back) days in March, two in April and two in June. And no house shows, so no wonder they still let these lads do Britwres indies. 

EDIT: That release German Suplex on Flash Morgan Webster was fucking murderous.

Edited by AxB

A whole two good matches on this week's show. But Eddie Dennis' shoulder was fucked after the table bump, and you could really tell by how he was taking the turnbuckles at the end. Also it's confusing how Trent Seven is named after Midlands water (which is named after the two main rivers in the Midlands, the Trent in the north and the Severn in the south), but Dennis has a move called the Severn Bridge (because if you're travelling between South Wales and the South of England, you go over the Severn Bridge, it's an obvious thing for a South Wales guy to name a move after).

Dani Luna vs Viper was disappointing, and the tag match was just a match. But Bate vs A-Kid was solid (in that WWE TV decent sub-10 minute match, that would have been awesome if they'd had 20+ minutes way), and Dennis vs Severn was good. Far from the best wrestling I watched yesterday, mind. 

• RIPPA pinned this topic

I've finally realised what I don't like about Ilja Dragunov. He always wears trunks that are too big for him. They're all loose and saggy on him. Makes him look skinny. Alisha Edwards does too, wears gear that's too big for her (although she actually is really skinny, but the oversized clothes accentuate it). Everyone else's stuff fits, except for the body guys who intentionally wear stuff too small. Or that one NXT girl the other week, who had new gear made but the top was too small so she spent the whole match adjusting it and covering her chest, and then wore a jumper in her next match. Dakota Kai.

On 2/9/2020 at 7:38 PM, DreamBroken said:

I'm here for Kay Lee Ray v. Toni Storm I Quit. KLR is always captivating and that should be great. Thought Dani Luna looked pretty good in her brief showing. I like Pretty Deadly as a team so far.

It is a shame that NXT UK is almost an afterthought because Kay Lee Ray is a great scumbag heel as well as being so good in the ring.  Either that or Toni finally the ability to be a sympathetic person.  Really like the finish of Toni willing to basically let KLR snap her neck because she has to win so that title.  It got a little uncomfortable which is hard to do in today's WWE.   Definitely recommend the match

I have a feeling Toni is going to turn full heel and go after Piper though.  

• Like 1

Finally caught back up with the last 2 episodes last night. Loved KLR/Toni as expected. Kay Lee remains one of my all around favorites, great stuff from both throughout in what's been a very good rivalry. 

New set of tapings started with this week's show. Looks like the lowest attendance for a Wrestling show at the Coventry Skydome in decades. So many seats blacked out because there's nobody in them. And you'd think Prince Devitt's return to UK Wrestling would be a draw. If you look at all the talent who worked this taping, on paper it should have outdrawn Progress at Wembley. Only the thing is, there's more to having a good wrestling show than just having good wrestlers on it. You have to condition the fans to expect a high quality stuffing instead of potatoes, and NXT UK has conditioned the fans to think that if it's not a Takeover, it's not worth watching.

On the indies, Pretty Deadly both used to do loads of Orange Cassidy pockets spots. But their WWE gear doesn't have pockets, so someone calling the shots agrees with Cornette. Although PD beating Dan Moloney and Dereiss clean would go against the logic of most UK fans.

The show, it was pedestrian. They usually are. Even Walter vs Mastiff from the other week, it was OK. It was a TV match, like you see on TV. Book them against each other on a Progress or RevPro show, or on a takeover, they could have a transcendent masterpiece. But it was OK, for a TV match.

• 2 weeks later...