DVDVR Message Board

NXT UK TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

What was up with the mini-Thunderdome people being on the entrance wall for like a minute before the break? Because when it came back they were replaced with NXT UK logos again. I would have liked to have seen the uncut version, because when they went to break Ilja seemed undamaged, and when they came back he was all red and chewed up.

Although possibly, because they taped all these shows in one block and he got chewed up by chops last week too, maybe he had fleshtone makeup on his chest to cover the welts that were already/ still there, and Walter was just chopping it off to begin with.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 12:27 AM, AxB said:

What was up with the mini-Thunderdome people being on the entrance wall for like a minute before the break? Because when it came back they were replaced with NXT UK logos again. I would have liked to have seen the uncut version, because when they went to break Ilja seemed undamaged, and when they came back he was all red and chewed up.

Although possibly, because they taped all these shows in one block and he got chewed up by chops last week too, maybe he had fleshtone makeup on his chest to cover the welts that were already/ still there, and Walter was just chopping it off to begin with.

I noticed a LED strip of Thunderdome fans. I watched the 7:45-8:45am Saturday morning airing having told my Dad about the WALTER/Dragunov match. I'd say 10 minutes of it were cut out from the point where Dragunov does an Enzo into the ropes. The chops to Ilja's back and Ilja's German suplexes to WALTER as well.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Holy shit was that a war, or what? The good uncle in me wants to tell these boys to ease the fuck up, before someone gets hurt, while the bad uncle in me tells them "way to go, kids! Show them you are not...well, let's just say wimps on this one!" Easy enough to figure out which word I'd probably use. But yeah, that was some manly asskicking right there and then some! WALTER will probably retire with this title, since there is no one who can take it from him. Unless that Rampage guy turns out to be the game changer I thought Ridge Holland would end up being?

Also, so it was The Hunt who were behind the attacks on Andrews and Webster? They were around both times, that's for sure! So, is Dennis trying to build some kind of "5 of the most handsome men in NXT UK" -type of a gang here? While hoping people will buy him as the #5, if he hangs around with Pretty Deadly and The Hunt? Smart guy!

Edited by Shartnado
Dennis and his crew

I just watched that match. Just... Wow.

This is probably a dumb question but has there ever been a Walter-Minoru Suzuki match (obviously it can't happen anytime in the near future)?

On the RevPro show where Suzuki won their title, there was also a number one contenders match between Walter and Ishii.

Ishii won it.

• Like 1

I'm Drake, audibly cringing every time WALTER wallops the shit out of Dragunov. When he bent him in half over the turnbuckle and then chopped him ... god DAMN. And Barrett's reaction of WALTER choking him with his boot afterwards is gold.

I think I like the Bate match more as well. But this match is pretty great, too.

Edited by FireThunder
  • Like 1

How true to the brand though, that they get all this buzz from one epic match, and anyone who's inspired to tune in the next week, the first thing they see is Joe Coffey, Golfwang and Mark Coffey vs Sam Gradwell and Pretty Deadly. Great way to reset the expectation level.