DVDVR Message Board

Your 2019 Internet Matches Thread

Noah Mark

Hey, the Swiss are wrestling now and it's not half bad.  Belthazar is the Ricky Morton of Switzerland and Drake Destroyer has an impressive offence with which to beat on him.  There are many adorable Swiss children in the audience, which is very hopeful.

--------------------------------

Hey, the Australians are wrestling and its not half bad.  Dean Brady is your power offense babyface while Matt Hayter isn't exactly a chicken shit heel, he does take a pounding.  They did not show the audience, so I don't know if there were adorable Australian children in the audience to give us all hope for the wrestling future.

Mr Iguana can actually wrestle.  Who knew?

-----------------------------

DDT takes on its hideous and grotesque stepbrother, Basara.

Team Sparky is a wrestling stable that draws power and inspiration from baseball.  The Warrior Race draws power and inspiration from long monkey tails.  This is BASARA!  THIS IS PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING!

---------------------------------

I watch a lot of Tokyo Joshi Pro and a lot of it is mediocre to perfectly fine.  Then last week I watch some late 90s JWP with Hikari Fukioka and Azumi and it made me hate most modern joshi.  But I'm getting over it.  Here is Manase using her boobs to kill teeny Tenma.   

GODDAM is this match awesome.  Mayu Iwatani sells the leg like a fucking QUEEN.  The Tokyo Cyber Squad are all mean and hateful and shit.  Awesome.  Postmatch, Hanna curses!

• Like 1

AWESOME!  The Dynasty (Holliday and Hammerstone) come in to Pennsylvania Premiere Wrestling as big shots from newly minted Major League Wrestling and basically take on the Basara-level tagteam of the Mane Event.  The Mane of the Mane Event has to do with one of the members being a lion and  the other being a lion tamer.  So weird.

----------------------------------

This is a neat little match.  Lots of wacky lucha matwork.

Meiko Satomura and Sareee continue to beat the living dogshit out of each other.  EDIT:  I didn't realize until being informed by Cagematch that Satomura's partner, Manami, is FOURTEEN years old.

------------------------------------------------------

Edited down to basically Sugiura and Shiozaki beating the crap out of each other.

Bull James is a big lummox. Kazusada Higuchi is a far better wrestling lummox.  They destroy Shunma Katsumata with Konosuke Takeshita making occasional saves.  So its lummoxy fun!

------------------------------------------

Fuck Joey Ryan, Orange Whatshisname and Mr Iguana, there is only Punch Tominaga.

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

CMLL bookers got generous this past Friday, and gave the guys in tercera a ton of time. 

The third fall was so good the fans broke the new “Don’t throw coins into the ring” rule.

Yeah, that match was fabulous.  It's pretty obvious that Kawato-san and Flyer are nowhere near the level of the other four, but somehow that made the match even more enjoyable, because it veered close into going off the rails a few times, but never did.  A wild ride, and a few minutes here and there of some simply incredible stuff. 

• Like 1

Shinjiro Ohtani is so fucking awesome as he enters the twilight of his career.  God, his selling at the end of this is so cathartic and awe-inspiring- as he is aging and desperate to prove that he is still the man, and yet his body is failing him.  Diasuke Sekimoto is a bundle of power moves for Ohtani to react to and this is an awesome wrestling match.

------------------------------

Hey, the Australians are wrestling again!  This is a good Giant man versus Normal Sized man match- as Zak Sabbath is a good little worker.  Kurt Baron is very tall and his offense is very tall.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DEAN said:

Hey, the Australians are wrestling again!  This is a good Giant man versus Normal Sized man match- as Zak Sabbath is a good little worker.  Kurt Baron is very tall and his offense is very tall.

Sabbath  is really underrated, even by Aussie standards, just been doing smaller indy shows in front of kids and families for years, only really starting to break out on the national level in the last year or so for RCW. Baron is a guy who'll probably be better known in a year or two, he's still really new and hasn't really found his schtick yet. RCW as a company is very traditional in terms of characters and storytelling so it's probably the best place for a newish big guy to get better in Australia.

• Like 1

A no rope shoot style show from the UK.

Josh Barnett's Bloodsport, this is not, but it's alright:

Card from Cagematch:

Luke Jacobs vs. Scotty Davis
Danny Jones vs. Kevin Lloyd
Dan Moloney vs. Jay Joshua
Aidan & Big Guns Joe vs. More Than Hype (Darren Kearney & LJ Cleary)
Nathan Martin vs. Omari
Damon Moser vs. MK McKinnan

"Speedball" Mike Bailey vs. Brian Cage from some random German Indy:

For further entertainment read the comments from pissed off Brian Cage sock puppet accounts in the comment section.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Z said:

A no rope shoot style show from the UK.

Josh Barnett's Bloodsport, this is not, but it's alright:

That was in my youtube feed too and I wondered why.

A David Starr DOUBLE SHOT!

Here he is in the UK wrestling Brian Pillman Jr.

-------------------------------

Here he is some other part of the UK having a deathmatch with Rory Coyle.

-----------------------------------

The Hungarians are wrestling now.  Boldo Brown is an intensely creepy heel.  Zafar Ameen is a kinda Clueless Dude face.  This is pretty good for Hungarian pro wrestling.  Boldo has got something,

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 6:16 PM, DEAN said:

Shinjiro Ohtani is so fucking awesome as he enters the twilight of his career.  God, his selling at the end of this is so cathartic and awe-inspiring- as he is aging and desperate to prove that he is still the man, and yet his body is failing him.  Diasuke Sekimoto is a bundle of power moves for Ohtani to react to and this is an awesome wrestling match.

A lot to love here. When did Sekimoto get so loud? He's screaming through like the entire match. The face he makes in response to the "Ohtani" chant was like someone hit him with a really sick burn in a game of dozens; he looked really upset and disappointed haha. I also have to point out 1. the awesome dragon screw off the top, and

Spoiler

2. Sek's Tenryu elbow drop which is like a bus falling off a cliff. Perfect way to end the match, and Ohtani just laying there dead the whole time after was a testament to how awesome he is. 

• Like 1

Hey, it looks like Miyu Yamashita has someone who will hook'em up with her, Reika Seiki.  The sound drops out of this for some reason.

------------------------------------

Endo is a fucking beautiful highflyer.  Akito sells weird.  A very DDT match.

This match is the tallest guys in DDT vs the normal sized guys in DDT.  Please note that the audience is almost 100% women.

---------------------------------

This is the set up for KAZMA/Sugiura vs Shiozaki/Nakajima- with an extended section of Sugiura and Shiozaki just beating the living hell out of each other.

------------------------------------------

Two good Manase matches in a row!  She may be onto something good.

On 6/16/2019 at 4:13 PM, DEAN said:

Double DDT Lummox Action!  Naomi Yoshimura is the lummox with the orange hair. Kazusada Higuchi is the lummox in the black trunks.  They beat on each other pretty good.  

HA! I knew you'd dig Higuchi after I saw him at the DDT Queens show over Mania weekend.

• Like 1