DVDVR Message Board

2019 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

9 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

PSA to everyone excited to get Sonic Mania: don't sleep on the idea of getting paid DLC for a free game, the Encore mode is very choice.

You speak the truth.  Getting it free is awesome but if I didn't have it already I'd be more than happy to give them money for the DLC.

• 2 weeks later...

It really is sad what they've done to the series in that regard. I won't buy another until they pull way back on that front but I doubt they will because hardcores keep buying shit.

I actually think the 2K games might have some of the lowest positive review numbers on Steam. Like, my baseline is if a game has under 80% positive, it probably has some kind of obvious flaw, some people get past it some don't. A game below 70% probably has several clear problems that are going to steer me away if I'm on the fence. It's super-rare to see an actual, functioning product below 60% unless it's been recently review bombed. 

NBA 2K18 and 19 are both rocking 27% positive because fans are so sick of their microtransactions system. It's too bad because from what I have seen of them, the gameplay is alright.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:42 PM, Gonzo said:

I haven't played any of the 2K NBA games in a long time, but hey. . .$3.

That's what I'm saying. I need to pick that up. 

3 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Is this one of those games that got shit on, but is totally worth playing or is it as big of a piece of shit as it was called back in the day?

I remember enjoying the little bit I played of it and regretting trading in my copy after the lawsuit happened.

So yesterday's news made me happy

I think it was received okayish - it then was shit on when it didn't sell

Full games rarely see big deals on the Switch, but the eShop and other places are arriving games up to 50% off. Skyrim was still $60 on it, but now it's $30. There's tons of deals right now. Too many to list here.

I've been pleased with what I play of the Pro Evolution soccer games even if it's at the demo kiosk at a Gamestop.  Am glad to see that's free.  And Cliff Hanger's description of Horizon means that'll be one worth playing also.  But I'll need to clear some room first as I'm about to play Spiderman and the hard drive's darn near full as it is.

PES is a solid soccer game.  Not as many bells and whistles and the graphics aren't as good as FIFA, but it plays better IMO.  I'm kind of surprised they are putting it on PS+ since they already have a F2P version out that you can get quite a bit out of without paying for anything.

On 6/27/2019 at 8:21 AM, Neil Koch said:

PES is a solid soccer game.  Not as many bells and whistles and the graphics aren't as good as FIFA, but it plays better IMO.  I'm kind of surprised they are putting it on PS+ since they already have a F2P version out that you can get quite a bit out of without paying for anything.

It was randomly free on Xbox Live a few months ago and I snagged it there and have yet to play it, so it'll be another one that's in my library for both consoles.