DVDVR Message Board

2019 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

8 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Well Fuck You too Sony.

Can I trade you the XBOX games for What Remains of Edith Finch? (we already were offered Overcooked)

So with Xbox One Xs being down to $350 on Walmart's website, I'm curious if it's worth getting if I already have a PS4. The one thing to point out is that my PS4 is in my basement and is connected to just a regular 1080p TV, but the One X would be connected to my newer 4K TV and I don't have anything else that can play 4K Blu-Rays. Like, the Xbox One is backwards compatible, right? That would at least allow me to play Mass Effect 2 and 3 since my 360 is pretty much dead. I also love the Halo series and Halo 5 is the one I've never played. Forza is another series I used to really dig.

What do the rest of the Xbox exclusives look like or what would be better on the One X?

The other big "exclusives" besides Halo are probably the Gears of War series and the Forza series.

Obviously if you aren't into racing games - Forza would be out.

If you played and of the Gears games then Gears of War 4 would be for you.

Sea of Thieves has a very niche audience but that is exclusive

The other game people rave about (I have never played so I am just passing on the scuttle) is Ori and the Blind Forest

50 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

OH! And if a certain poster was still around they would tell you you need to play Sunset Overdrive

Sunset Overdrive is fun especially if you've liked other games from Insomniac.

I apologize in advance for this but I need to vent and hopefully you guys can tell me if I am right to vent.

I had an xbox one for over 2 yrs I bought it when I received a promotion and wanted to spoil myself. I went all out, bought a 2 TB hard drive filled it with games over time etc.  When Yakuza, and fire pro were coming out I decided I would buy a  PS4.  I unhooked my Xbox and had planned to hook it up in my daughter's toy room. Needless to say I haven't played it in over 5 months. Last Friday I receive an email that I was charged $64 for the Xbox Live gold for the upcoming year. I tried calling them multiple times but the automated system kept hanging up. I went to their site and had to do a help desk chat where they walked me through cancelling and told me I would see a refund within 72 hrs.  Wednesday comes and no refund, I finally find a working number and speak with someone who says "give it til Friday if it's not there call back"  I call yesterday and am told "our systems are down please call in 2 hrs"   I call again only to be told my refund was denied because I've used one already on the life of my account.  So I argued that they are charging me for April 27, 2019-April 27, 2020 (days that haven't even happened yet) after I cancelled the service.  The gentleman said that he would put notes in and my bank would dispute it.  I asked for a manager, the manager told me the same thing and that nobody can talk to the refund team not even her.  She flat out said they should have refunded me but there is nothing anyone can do except my bank. 

So now I have to dispute with my bank, wait another 30 days because of their inept service.  Playstation on the other hand emails me a month before PsNow or PSPlus payments are due to come out. This way if you want to cancel in advance you can.  I never had an issue with Xbox or Microsoft prior to this but I can assure you I will never deal with or use another Xbox product after seeing how horrible their customer service system is. The sad part is the agent and manager were nice and tried but they couldn't do anything and the people that can don't have a phone number to call or way to communicate. For a billion dollar company in 2019 this is just unreal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Was Sonic Mania the good one?

It's very much the good one as you probably see  from the responses below.  Would definitely get that if I didn't have it already.  And the fact that we got it for Switch with reversible Genesis cover made it all the more better when getting it on launch day.

Would need to see how much space Handsome Collection needs but will at least make sure it's in my library.