DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 NXT(s) DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So, based on the Rumble last night, I think it's safe to say that Sane, Gargano, Ripley, and Black are all going to be on the main roster before the summer.  

I'm guessing Ciampa won't be far behind either.  

15 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So, based on the Rumble last night, I think it's safe to say that Sane, Gargano, Ripley, and Black are all going to be on the main roster before the summer.  

I'm guessing Ciampa won't be far behind either.  

If they were serious about 205 Live or the Cruiserweight division as a whole Gargano and Ciampa would have been called up a long time ago.

• Sad 1

I wouldn't read anything into Rumble participation and call-ups

I mean Kairi was in last year's Rumble too

And Rhea is gonna be used to help establish NXT UK so she isn't gonna anywhere

I think the only reason Gargano got an elimination is because he is champ in NXT

I know a lot of people were skeptic about Gargano's size, but he looked fine in the Rumble. He's as tall as Mustafa Ali and heavier than him. He almost as tall and weighs as much, so I'm sure he'll be fine.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Dx9HZV1UUAAH-gR.jpg

I assume this will be taped somewhere this week in front of a live crowd and not be live from an empty Full Sail or Performance Centre?

Also, I don't think I've ever watched an NFL match, but my understanding is that with time outs and all that, there's no actual set time for when half-time begins, so there's no way of knowing when this will be on (apart from actually watching the Superbowl?) So just record a 4 hour block of the Network and FF through it later is the best option?

35 minutes ago, Swiftian said:

I assume this will be taped somewhere this week in front of a live crowd and not be live from an empty Full Sail or Performance Centre?

Also, I don't think I've ever watched an NFL match, but my understanding is that with time outs and all that, there's no actual set time for when half-time begins, so there's no way of knowing when this will be on (apart from actually watching the Superbowl?) So just record a 4 hour block of the Network and FF through it later is the best option?

It's being done live from the PC

Could've just taped the match at Full Sail Wednesday or Friday at the Orlando Live event.

If it's at the PC, I highly doubt they will have any fans in attendance as there's no parking there unless they do one of those $1,500 PC tours on Sunday with a handful of fans and put the match on for them and the rest of PC trainees.

Also, regarding the NXT folks in the Rumble. I thought they all fit in very well with Ripley, Black, and Gargano standing out the most. Ripley is going to be a huge star and an awesome change of pace from the current crop of WWE women. Black definitely looked like he had the it factor and had an aura to him. The announcers and fans played up his entrance well. And Gargano will be a great babyface on the main roster. His current storyline in NXT is waaaaay too nuanced and long form for the main roster so he'll just wind up being a pure babyface like Ali, which is fine. Unlike Ali though, I think at some point you can turn Gargano heel and have him be way too cocky and smug.

But anyway, Ripley right now is the person in NXT/NXT UK that I wish was on the main roster sooner rather than later. 

• Like 3

Full Sail tapings tomorrow afternoon and NXT Live on Friday.

Gonna be a fun week, except I have to head out of work early tomorrow to make it before 6:30 to Full Sail and have to cram in as much school work as possible so I'm not left behind.

To add to @RIPPA's Rumble video post above:

You can tell these guys are excited about the opportunity they received. Maybe the most emotional I've ever seen Aleister Black. Great stuff.

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I also put this in the Rumble thread but it is super cute

I think they should have told Rhea Ripley beforehand so she could be all too cool for school about it while everyone else is tearing up and being excited.  Kayfabe, brother.

• Thanks 1