DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 NXT(s) DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Just to explain - because I had no fucking clue what that meant

At that Florida show they ran an 8-man Unleash The Universe tournament to decide the top newcomer to NXT.

1st Round

Stacy Ervin, Jr defeated Denzel Dejournette

Saurav Gurjar defeated Daniel Vidot

Mansoor Al-Shehail defeated Rocky

Big Boa defeated Rik Bugez

Semis

Stacy Ervin, Jr defeated Saurav Gurjar

Mansoor Al Shehail defeated Big Boa

Finals

Stacy Ervin, Jr defeated Mansoor Al-Shehail

The ran two non-Tournament matches

Bianca Belair & Kairi Sane defeated Shayna Baszler & Marina Shafir

Velveteen Dream defeated Marcel Barthel

Is anyone on here following the Dream on Twitter? It's all private and he's not following anyone, but apparently he tweeted something about not wanting to work anywhere unless he negotiated a new deal because he knows his worth.

I'm guessing it's kayfabe stuff, but this is the tweet in question:

I Know My Worth. 
The past year I’ve created a special atmosphere at NXTTAKEOVER.

Until WE* can come 2 an agreement as 2 what MY WORTH actually is, there won’t be any appearances or performances from 
“The Velveteen DREAM” or 
my likeness.

~ Thank U

— The DREAM (@VelveteenWWE) January 21, 2019

On 1/13/2019 at 11:21 AM, Brandon Bones said:

That show doesn’t inspire me since I have tickets to the show in Lowell, MA on February 9th.

I have tickets to the show in Kingston, RI on February 10th, and they always come through on the national tours- so you'll be getting the NXT rotation workers, mixed with a few people who'd probably imminently be in NXT rotation.

The Florida loop is primarily the place where PC students get their seasoning.

Meltzer made a passing comment on the radio show that Dream is lobbying to get Lars Sullivan's spot (at least in regards to who was going to work Cena at Mania)

9 hours ago, w. josh said:

I like Ervin hitting the moonsault more like an SSP with the tuck. He's going to be fun to watch.

I've seen him a bunch of times -- he's very athletic and has some personality and charisma, but he's still green. Given his development and style, I could see him being sent to 205 Live.

At the last NXT Orlando Live show he teamed with the Street Profits and they were quite a neat trio who I wouldn't mind seeing working more often together and I wouldn't be surprised if he was their backup for the feud with the Forgotten Sons.

Elliot Sexton was at the Seattle Progress show last sunmer and the first thing I said when I saw him was 'this guy will be in WWE within the year'. He's got the look, he can talk, has the presence and can work pretty well too. He should be awesome. Hopefully he doesn't end up as a low end heel job guy because of his accent. Jacked 6'5" fantastic heel who would be great in a slightly updated version of the narcissist gimmick. 

Since they have been announced as being on TV next week - expect the following matches to be taped before Takeover

The Forgotten Sons vs. The Street Profits

Kairi Sani/Io Shirai vs. Jessamyn Duke/Marina Shafir

Per Meltzer - the Feb Class (ie: the folks who will be starting at the PC in the next month - I think we knew them all already)

• KUSHIDA (though it is possible he goes straight to the main roster)
  • Trevor Lee
  • ACH
  • Rachael (Evers) Ellering
  • Sam Shaw
  • Karen Yu (Q)
  • Jonah Rock
  • Elliot Sexton
  • Nick Comoroto
  • 3.0 (Scott Parker/Shane Matthews)

It seems it is more Dave's wacky writing

The quote is 

Besides Yujiro Kushida, 35, who is one of the best technical wrestlers in the world and who will probably do great in NXT but I’m not sure about the main roster,

Two weeks ago he wrote

Kushida is going from New Japan to WWE, expected to be for NXT, which combined with other departures is a strong loss for the NJPW junior division, particularly since Hiromu Takahashi’s injury was so serious. It was known Kushida was in talks with WWE, but while he’ll do well in NXT, that’s a big step down from NJPW, and 205 Live is purgatory, and the plight of Hideo Itami and Akira Tozawa makes a guy of his size, regardless of talent, questionable in the world Vince McMahon controls. But he’s also at the age of either do it now or don’t do it, and he was heavily recruited.

So I think Dave is just hedging his bets in case Vince does something weird

If you'll be in the Orlando area in March or April and want to attend the next NXT Full Sail tapings -- tickets go on sale for both of those shows next Friday.

On the post match Takeover conference call - Triple H noted that there has been some discussion that the WWE Women's Tag Titles would also be defended on NXT

The rest was the usual "We will do what is best for the division and women"

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

On the post match Takeover conference call - Triple H noted that there has been some discussion that the WWE Women's Tag Titles would also be defended on NXT

The rest was the usual "We will do what is best for the division and women"

An indication the MMA 4 Horsewomen and/or Kairi & Io may eventually get a title shot?