DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 NXT(s) DISCUSSION

RIPPA

15 hours ago, The Natural said:

A shame Nikki Cross will never be the NXT Women's Champion, she merited that.

It will always be my hill to die on that she should have beaten Asuka in the last woman standing match on that NXT episode. You could still promote Asuka as never submitting or being pinned once she got to the main roster, plus Nikki can be brought up as the only one who has ever beaten Asuka before.

#justicefornikki

• Like 3

On 1/11/2019 at 8:34 AM, RIPPA said:

In the new WON - in the AEW section at the start - Dave breaks down who is going where in new signings and these are all the folks expected to go to NXT (most have already been thrown out there)

• KUSHIDA
  • Viper
  • Kay Lee Ray

Bea Priestly has an offer but hasn't decided yet. Supposedly her and Will Ospreay have discussed living in Japan full time.

Kay Lee Ray and Jazzy Alpha Female signed to NXT UK.

Was at the NXT Orlando live event:

Matt Riddle def. Shane Thorne

Aliyah and Vanessa Borne def. Kacy Cantazaro and Lacey Lane

Punishment Martinez def. Kona Reeves

Chelsea Green def. Reina González

Tommaso Ciampa cut an in ring promo and was confronted by Aleister Black and then Johnny Gargano ran out and laid out Black with a super kick.

The Street Profits and Stacey Ervin Jr. def. the Forgotten Sons

Dominik Dijakovic def. Rik Bugez

Adam Cole and Bobby Fish won a WWE NXT tag team title #1 contender gauntlet match.

Had a blast as always.

Reina/Chelsea was one of the worst matches I've seen at NXT Orlando shows in a while. Just not good. Undisputed Era were hilarious during that Gauntlet match. I also like how at every Orlando show, Gargano finds different ways to mess with Aleister. 

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Trevor Lee announced that he officially signed

Yeeeees. Given new signees make their debuts at the tapings after they've signed, I guess he'll be debuting at the end of the month post Royal Rumble tapings.

2 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

That show doesn’t inspire me since I have tickets to the show in Lowell, MA on February 9th.

The Florida loop gets a much different roster than the none Florida shows.

2 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

That show doesn’t inspire me since I have tickets to the show in Lowell, MA on February 9th.

I'm going to the 2/7 show in Toms River, NJ. This is first time they'll be running Toms River. It always been the Asbury Park Convention Center.

Add ACH and KUSHIDA to the list of guys who have signed to NXT.

Based on how they have debuted the recent signees, I could see Trevor Lee, ACH and KUSHIDA making their debut at the post Rumble tapings.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:47 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm going to the 2/7 show in Toms River, NJ. This is first time they'll be running Toms River. It always been the Asbury Park Convention Center.

Where the hell are they running in Toms River? I've been away from Jersey for 13 years, but I used to work in TR and I can't think of any venues.

On 1/15/2019 at 3:29 AM, turk128 said:

The WWEPC youtube channel is so awesome.

It is.

Watch the Riddle series on there if you haven't already. Great stuff.

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Kai did tear her ACL at the house show and will be out basically a year

Yeah, that sucks. She was getting really good before the injury. Her match with Baszler from NXT before the injury was fantastic as she held her own with her great selling, great looking offense with some great looking kicks and nasty looking foostomps, plus her great facial expressions that really made you feel sympathy for her.

7 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Where the hell are they running in Toms River? I've been away from Jersey for 13 years, but I used to work in TR and I can't think of any venues.

Something called the RWJ Barnabas Arena, which I think everyone calls the Pine Belt Arena. It's a 3,500 seat basketball/concert venue right next to Toms River North High School. In the most Jersey thing ever, it was originally named after the district's long-running superintendent of schools but then they had to change the name after he was imprisoned for fraud.

I am sad they moved it from Asbury. I will go to Asbury Park for any reason whatsoever.

43 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Something called the RWJ Barnabas Arena, which I think everyone calls the Pine Belt Arena. It's a 3,500 seat basketball/concert venue right next to Toms River North High School. In the most Jersey thing ever, it was originally named after the district's long-running superintendent of schools but then they had to change the name after he was imprisoned for fraud.

I am sad they moved it from Asbury. I will go to Asbury Park for any reason whatsoever.

Streetlight Manifesto played there last May. I opted to see them in December at the smaller Starland Ballroom in Sayreville instead.

• Like 1