DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

THE BEACH BUM (Red Band Trailer - Language & Drug Use)

Starring Matthew McConaughey, Snoop Dogg, Isla Fisher, Zac Efron, Jimmy Buffett, Martin Lawrence, and Jonah Hill

Directed by Harmony Korine (Spring Breakers)

16 hours ago, Ace said:

Oscar Isaac is Duke Leto and Zendaya is apparently the frontrunner to play Chani in Denis Villenueve's Dune.

This makes me happy and sad because I have no idea what the shooting schedule for Neuromancer is and I really want Zendaya to play Molly Millions.

That looks absolutely stupid and glorious!

I love how now that they have taken the Dominic Torretto car centric stuff out off the equation and kept the full bore absurdity, the studio has turned this branch of the FF franchise into equal parts Bond movie and Marvel Studios superhero movie because why the fuck not?

• Like 2

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

Tyrese is okay, Rock is skipping the actual part 9. Which likely means 9 is gonna suck.

Well my point was Tyrese being all pissy that this movie was getting made first before 9

Trailer looks good and entertaining. I like that they finally said fuck it and just out and out gave someone super powers. It was either that or go to space for the next logical absurd step to take.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

Trailer looks good and entertaining. I like that they finally said fuck it and just out and out gave someone super powers. It was either that or go to space for the next logical absurd step to take.

Wait, you're telling me that not everyone from the previous couple movies were bit by radioactive spiders cars or drenched in radioactive fuel oil?

7 hours ago, turk128 said:

Wait, you're telling me that not everyone from the previous couple movies were bit by radioactive spiders cars or drenched in radioactive fuel oil?

I have nothing but love for Fate of the Furious and the ridiculous criminal organization of cyberterrorists.

Their airplane was one of the most original ideas I have ever seen for a bad guy base of operations and Charlize Theron looked kinda hot with bleached blonde skinny dreads.

Bonus points for bringing in Hellen Mirren to be Momma Shaw.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:29 AM, J.T. said:

That looks absolutely stupid and glorious!

I love how now that they have taken the Dominic Torretto car centric stuff out off the equation and kept the full bore absurdity, the studio has turned this branch of the FF franchise into equal parts Bond movie and Marvel Studios superhero movie because why the fuck not?

Stupid and glorious in all the best possible ways. Idris Elba is a god damn cyborg. There's apparently a battle with a tribe of angry samoans. Rock took all the steroids. Statham being Statham. This is going to make all the money and then some because IT DAMN WELL SHOULD

• Like 1

New trailer for US

My buddy says it appears this is going to be a metaphor for people of African descent displaying the struggle between who they are amongst themselves, and who they are when they are with non-POC.  This trailer really seems to be leaning in that direction.

• Like 1