DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING MERCH

RIPPA

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I guess i am wondering if this was actually a black shirt with the logo or it was the new trend of just making a logo and having the user select the color and used the worst possible color in their example. 

I don't think it's a reach to assume someone knew what they were doing... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

How does this shit get passed to even make it to ShopZone ? Someone's going to be in trouble. 

On the one hand, what possible positive endgame is there to make a shirt like that?  People are going to notice and there is going to be backlash.

The thing is, and this is what no one has noticed...there wasn't.  For over a month now.

Because this shirt has been around since September, there was a link to it and all the other NXT shirts ON THIS THREAD, and Jordan himself either JUST NOW apparently saw it or the anger has been building since it came out because no one stood up and did what he himself had to do.  And I think it's got to be the latter.  I'm in marketing, there is no way it takes you a month to know what your own merch looks like.  

Even if it doesn't end well for him, good on Jordan for telling WWE to go fuck themselves.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

On the one hand, what possible positive endgame is there to make a shirt like that?  People are going to notice and there is going to be backlash.

The thing is, and this is what no one has noticed...there wasn't.  For over a month now.

Because this shirt has been around since September, there was a link to it and all the other NXT shirts ON THIS THREAD, and Jordan himself either JUST NOW apparently saw it or the anger has been building since it came out because no one stood up and did what he himself had to do.  And I think it's got to be the latter.  I'm in marketing, there is no way it takes you a month to know what your own merch looks like.  

Even if it doesn't end well for him, good on Jordan for telling WWE to go fuck themselves.  

They literally tossed these onto Shopzone in one day, and were barely acknowledged by fans, or hardly noticed. I’d be shocked if more than ten people even own one. Maybe the performers saw them, but with the little thought they put into them I wouldn’t be shocked if they informed the performers on who got a design. Hell if he did see it, he probably only saw it on a little monitor to not notice the dumb ass design at first.

Dude made the absolute right decision from a business standpoint.  He's either unfireable or instantly hired by AEW if he is. 

Everyone knows he's right so no matter what happens, he will be okay.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Dude made the absolute right decision from a business standpoint.  He's either unfireable or instantly hired by AEW if he is. 

You can drive through the Titan Towers parking lot towing the Andre The Giant Battle Royale Memorial trophy while yelling profanities at the McMahons through a megaphone, and you won’t get fired. Fuck, remember Kurt Angle was fired because they were afraid he’d die on the job like Eddie, and give them bad PR. Now they won’t even dare release Jeff Hardy.

17 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You can drive through the Titan Towers parking lot towing the Andre The Giant Battle Royale Memorial trophy while yelling profanities at the McMahons through a megaphone, and you won’t get fired. Fuck, remember Kurt Angle was fired because they were afraid he’d die on the job like Eddie, and give them bad PR. Now they won’t even dare release Jeff Hardy.

Right, it's on the company for making bad decisions like this. I saw people say that WWE would probably react by punishing ACH for speaking out. I think he's had his voice heard loud enough that by tomorrow they'll have to acknowledge it in some form. They least they could do is keep him off TV for the rest of his contract, he'd still get paid and he's still young and will have tons of milage when its up. It'll be a bigger uproar if they handle this like the Titus O'neal situation, heck if that happened today even that situation would have turned out different for him.

3 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Right, it's on the company for making bad decisions like this. I saw people say that WWE would probably react by punishing ACH for speaking out. I think he's had his voice heard loud enough that by tomorrow they'll have to acknowledge it in some form. They least they could do is keep him off TV for the rest of his contract, he'd still get paid and he's still young and will have tons of milage when its up. It'll be a bigger uproar if they handle this like the Titus O'neal situation, heck if that happened today even that situation would have turned out different for him.

Watch them put the Cruiserweight belt on him. It’s not like they like Lio Rush any better.

This is the absolute #1 bad thing to having 200+ people under contract during the social media age. That is having 200+ employees happy, while they start to notice the dirty side of the business due to disgruntlement.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

My theory is that they showed him the logo if they even did that.  A few wrestlers have already debunked the "wrestlers approved the designs" stuff.

This.  I call bullshit because there's no way he'd sign off on that design.  If he did, he now looks like an idiot for protesting it post facto.

I hope there's a slot open at AEW for him after WWE finishes out his contract by paying him to sit at home over this bullshit.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Oyaji said:

That's nice but I'm not really a fan of the de Japon logo and it's plastered all over the back. 

Me neither.  I would've worn their Tekken shirt, though.

rBVaVVwAHB2AJL7EAAFbStWPuvY215.jpg