DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING PODCAST DISCUSSIONS

RIPPA

3 hours ago, DeadEffect said:

I did find it amusing that he listed Evolve as an example of an indy company "doing things right" in light of the things that have come to light about Evolve's business practices.

Not as amusing but theres also the fact that Peter Kaasa's wrestling career ended due to injury after the ring broke during an Evolve show a couple years back in Texas during Royal Rumble weekend.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 6:30 PM, clintthecrippler said:

Not as amusing but theres also the fact that Peter Kaasa's wrestling career ended due to injury after the ring broke during an Evolve show a couple years back in Texas during Royal Rumble weekend.

I'd forgotten about that too, the ropes broke when he was doing a springboard right?

The Arn Anderson podcast is the best, you can't change my mind.

I know you can only read between the lines so much but I think that Arn might be one of the most independently wealthy retired wrestlers there is. He bought one house in Charlotte in the 80's and still lives there, couple that with the money he talks about/infers that he has made the guy has to be living a nice retirement.

He seems like a rare wrestler that knew how to manage his finances. Before his story about Flair from this week's pod ("$400? That's a car payment!" or something like that), it hadn't occurred to me that he must have had an example of what not to do with money right in front of his face for decades.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

He seems like a rare wrestler that knew how to manage his finances. Before his story about Flair from this week's pod ("$400? That's a car payment!" or something like that), it hadn't occurred to me that he must have had an example of what not to do with money right in front of his face for decades.

Great point.  Just as Ric Flair was also Ric Flair in real life, so was Arn.

• Like 1