DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

Announced for the Philly tapings

RVD vs. Tommy Dreamer

Rosemary vs. Su Yung - "Demon" Collar Match

LAX vs. Rich Swann/Willie Mack

Knockouts Battle Royal: Announced for far: Tessa Blanchard, Jordynne Grace, Kiera Hogan, Madison Rayne, Alisha Edwards (based on the graphic posted - it looks like 4 more people will be in. They don't have 4 more people to fill those slots - unless Rosemary and Su Yung work twice and they put the champ in it)

15 minutes ago, Ace said:

So Impact is blowing off Lucha Underground's C&D?

Rippa posted about it in the NWA thread. Part of the issue was with Willie Mack working for The Crash. Mack has agreed to work for AAA to allow him to work ROH and the NWA. What Rippa posted didn't mention Impact, but I imagine he'll be able to given Impact's relationship with AAA.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

That name is horrible and awesome at the same time. I’m going to check out Rebellion next on Monday probably, if it’s as good as people say the I’ll probably end up getting this one too (because Mutoh is one of my favorites of all-time).

• Like 2

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/exclusive-reasons-eli-drake-s-firing-impact-company-tryin

Eli Drake was abruptly fired by Impact Wrestling, and now we know why.

The outspoken Eli Drake's release from the company has been linked to his refusal to wrestle Tessa Blanchard, a situation in which many figured to be a work. As it turns out, it wasn't, and Impact fired Drake via e-mail as a result -- along with a couple of other reasons.

According to a source, there was also a situation cited where Impact's writers felt Drake had disparaged them on the Wrestling Perspective Podcast, when he said that they "booked him into oblivion" after not being figured in to many plans. That, added to the Tessa Blanchard situation, and Drake mentioning in a tweet that Killer Kross would destroy Jordynne Grace in a real fight, led to Impact Wrestling severing ties with Drake.

Originally Moose was actually set to take on Tessa Blanchard, but balked at the offer and the Blanchard vs. Drake match was advertised before the participants were made aware. Drake then supposedly made it clear to Impact that he had no desire competing in the intergender match, which set forth the chain of events. This didn't help Drake, who was said to have had heat with management -- specifically Scott D'Amore -- since the new regime took over.

We're told that Drake had actually informed the company that he wouldn't be re-signing with them back in January, and his contract status became well known in the weeks that followed. Drake publicly spoke about his deal with Impact coming to a close at the end of May, but we're told that Impact is attempting to lock him down in a one-year non-compete.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Archibald said:

I don't know. To me it sounds like you probably should ask wrestler if he wants to do intergender match before announcing it.

And trying to lock him into a one year non-compete isn't going to help their case either.  If WWE does 90 days then what gives them the right to do one year?  Not sure how that can be legally possible but if they try that then hopefully it doesn't stick.

16 hours ago, Archibald said:

I don't know. To me it sounds like you probably should ask wrestler if he wants to do intergender match before announcing it.

Agreed but publicly refusing to do a match isn't a sound strategy either.

I think it was pretty much Eli didn't like them, they didn't like him, and if it wasn't the intergender match causing the blow up, it would have been something else some other time.

Santana tore his MCL this past weekend

Doctor's have told him to rest so LAX will be missing shows over the next few weeks but he is hoping to avoid surgery

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Santana tore his MCL this past weekend

Doctor's have told him to rest so LAX will be missing shows over the next few weeks but he is hoping to avoid surgery

That sucks. I hope things turn out for the best for him.

• 2 weeks later...

So with the news of Killer Kross wanting his release from IMPACT, now it seems Scarlett wants out too. Also, apparently Jordynne Grace isn't under contract. How is that possible? I guess she could be working under a per date deal but you would think IMPACT would have signed her before giving her a big push. That's very WCW of them. I get that the PURSUIT fiasco isn't their fault but it hasn't been a good couple days for the promotion. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

So with the news of Killer Kross wanting his release from IMPACT, now it seems Scarlett wants out too. Also, apparently Jordynne Grace isn't under contract. How is that possible? I guess she could be working under a per date deal but you would think IMPACT would have signed her before giving her a big push. That's very WCW of them. I get that the PURSUIT fiasco isn't their fault but it hasn't been a good couple days for the promotion. 

That explains the recent news that Grace will be debuting at the AEW PPV this Saturday. A musician who worked on her AEW music let the cat out of the bag.

Apparently you can add Scarlett Bourdeux to the list of people trying to get out of TNA/Impact as she asked for her release.  I assume this has something to do with Killer Kross who they are currently dating.   But the idea that they have spent almost 5 months pushing her to the moon and the best you get out of her is a team with Fallah Baah and a match against Disco can't be good for them