DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

17 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Lashley baffles me. I swear, he was really good in TNA. TNA! for Christ's sake.

I remember cracking up when he was trying to pick an opponent to face for the TNA Title. He said something like, "Eenie, meanie, easy peesie, pick the fight that will be easy. Eddie Edwards, get your tiny ass down here!"

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

Dean vs Seth vs Lashley is going to be DEATH. I love Dean but my god this heel turn has completely wrecked him. That Chronicle special they did on him was such a perfect blend of the real person and the character and gave them so much ground to work with when he turned on Seth. And the brain trust decided that him wearing a gas mask and getting shots because people are diseased(god, it just sounds even dumber when you see it in writing). And Dean has clearly run out of fucks to give. Unmotivated Dean Ambrose is painful.

Almost as painful as Bobby Lashley. How the fresh hell does a legit athletic freak and badass with a great real life story be SO GOD DAMN BORING. His matches involve him pointing at his ass while Lio Rush won't shut up. Why does "The Almighty" have a job again?

We are relying on Seth to carry this thing. God help us all

I'd have kept Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins as a tag team. This Ambrose vs Rollins rerun is so bad unlike 2014.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Nah, the 2014 feud was only so-so in reality. Heel Rollins was even worse than face Rollins.

That's a fair point. I liked the Lumberjack that wasn't a Lumberjack match at SummerSlam 2014 and the Falls Count Anywhere rematch 24 hours later on RAW. No urge to see them again though.

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Lashley baffles me. I swear, he was really good in TNA. TNA! for Christ's sake.

Co-signed. He was, except for that dreck towards the end of his run with America's Top Team. That wasn't Lashley's fault. It was the clowns around him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zartan said:

TNA he was a big fish in a small pond.

TNA booked him to his strengths. WWE hasn't. That's bigger than simply writing it off as "big fish, small pond". This falls on the ineptitude of Raw's writers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'd have kept Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins as a tag team. This Ambrose vs Rollins rerun is so bad unlike 2014.

I would have kept them as a team as well. I haven't been crazy about any of their feuds. Seth, Dean, and Roman are far better together than apart. I would have always kept the Shield alliance while having them chase singles titles.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would have kept them as a team as well. I haven't been crazy about any of their feuds. Seth, Dean, and Roman are far better together than apart. I would have always kept the Shield alliance while having them chase singles titles.

I was a huge fan of the Shield, as it is, Ambrose bores me to tears and if I never see or hear Rollins again that would be just fine. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

TNA booked him to his strengths. WWE hasn't. That's bigger than simply writing it off as "big fish, small pond". This falls on the ineptitude of Raw's writers.

This has always been a problem with WWE in that they rarely know how to book someone to their strengths. And even then, it's usually more on the talent than creative. Look at the New Day for example. Does anyone think WWE scripted Xavier to get over with a fucking trombone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

If their current dud of a feud doesn't show the masses how Roman has run laps around Seth and Dean in every way, he'll never get credit. When he returns, he should ignore them like the plague.

I don’t know, Roman on top got me to stop watching. So it really doesn’t matter who’s on top. Then you watch NXT, and before I stopped watching Alester Black was on top, and he’s got the personality of a toothpick. That didn’t hurt the quality of that program.

Someone earlier was talking about the main roster not utilizing the strength of it’s performers, and they used Braun as an example. That was on point. 

• Like 1

I believe I said this before but if any of you guys dealing with panic attacks/anxiety need to talk to someone who has gone through it you can always hit my inbox.  I had them pretty bad at one time,  it went on for about 4 years before I figured out what it was and got help for it.  It runs in the family apparently.  There were many days where I'd be afraid to drive/leave town, etc.  

• Like 7

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Hate to take away from all this Shaq Fu talk but announced for RAW

IC Title match: Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins vs Bobby Lashley

Ronda Rousey/Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax/Tamina

Almas/Mysterio on Smackdown this week so who really cares about RAW?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I don’t know, Roman on top got me to stop watching. So it really doesn’t matter who’s on top. Then you watch NXT, and before I stopped watching Alester Black was on top, and he’s got the personality of a toothpick. That didn’t hurt the quality of that program.

Someone earlier was talking about the main roster not utilizing the strength of it’s performers, and they used Braun as an example. That was on point. 

WTF are you even saying to me? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You know the saying the whole is greater then the sum of its parts? This is the Shield. They accentuate the good in each other and they can all cover up their weaknesses. People WANT them to be together and be friends and everytime they are split up and feud it dies a quick death. The crowd doesn't want them apart. You can have them off doing their own things but still be aligned together. It's not rocket science, and it gives you an act you can split in three different directions if need be.

By the way, this all can apply to the New Day too. Push Big E as a singles. Let Kofi and Xavier tag. Don't split them up totally.

• Like 8