DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

The Show is the reason why I bought a PS3. I would up getting a PS4 over the Xbox One because, again, the Show would be on the PS4.

Honestly, the Show being on the next Xbox just made decision for me to get whatever the next Xbox is going to be. If rather deal with Xbox Live instead of PSN, I like the Xbox controller more than the dual shock, and I still have more friends on the Xbox than on PSN and the ones I do have on PSN are mostly on Xbox Live.

15 hours ago, assfax said:

So this is finally getting down to where you can just say "why can't sony/xbox just make games for the other platform?"  First big guy to break the seal will kill the myth.  It's like Sony movies on a JVC VCR.  Another way to offset is to only offer digital for opposition consoles.

This isn't like the days of Atari, Mattel and Coleco all porting to each other's systems.  This was MLB telling Sony that they could either port to other consoles or lose their exclusive license (or maybe their license, period).  We will still never see Mario, Halo or God of War go system agnostic.

34 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

This isn't like the days of Atari, Mattel and Coleco all porting to each other's systems.  This was MLB telling Sony that they could either port to other consoles or lose their exclusive license (or maybe their license, period).  We will still never see Mario, Halo or God of War go system agnostic.

I never thought we'd see Devil May Cry or Final Fantasy go multi-platform.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

I doubt MLB did that. Who are they giving the license to? EA didn't jump back in after the 2K third-party exclusivity contract ended. 2K dropped it. Nintendo, Sega, and Microsoft remained out. None of those companies revived their baseball series. MLB had to go so far as to fund their own studio to bring back RBI Baseball, which might as well not exist for all the hype it gets. 

This was probably more like MLB deciding to sweeten the pot for Sony somehow so that they could get a baseball game that people will actually play to more players and Sony seeing the opportunity to make that sweet Diamond Dynasty money on three consoles and maybe PC rather than just on one console. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly

Halo will absolutely go multi-platform someday. Everything Microsoft has been doing the last couple years points me to thinking long-term they are preparing to someday get out of the console game and be the next SEGA, only with the XBox live service continuing multi-platform and making them more money than SEGA ever dreamed of.

• Like 1

Hmm, I'm not so sure. Microsoft will get out of the console game when Sony does. It's going to a who blinks first scenario. So until that happens, they're not going to cede territory to Sony and Nintendo when they don't need to.

I do hope for Halo cross play between PC and Xbox at the very least.

The VtM: Bloodlines 2 pitch from PDXCon:

STOKED~!

I'm happy to see that they pushed release back to late 2020 so that I have time to play both Cyberpunk and this game.

Edited by J.T.