DVDVR Message Board

2019 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

Let's get this underway as the following has been leaked/announced:

- John Harbaugh is staying in Baltimore.  The Ravens are working on an extension.

- Doug Marrone will inherit the mantle of "Coach most on the Hot Seat".  He will come back in Jacksonville.

- Ron Rivera will probably spend less time doing soda commercials and more time focusing on making Carolina good.  He's back.

- Tampa is still *extremely* on the fence about keeping Dirk Koetter

- Steve Wilks will be fired at the end of the season, making him one and done in Arizona.

- The New York Football Jets are widely expected to fire Todd Bowles.  Their target (at a spicy $7M per year price tag)....   Jim Harbaugh.  

LET'S CHECK ON DOLFAN'S REACTION...

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Merry f'n Christmas

• Like 1

Armando Salguero is reporting that the Dolphins are done with Ryan Tannehill.  They'll be aggressively shopping for a QB, via free agency or the draft.   

So here comes the era of $30M Dolphins QB Nick Foles!

13 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Armando Salguero is reporting that the Dolphins are done with Ryan Tannehill.  They'll be aggressively shopping for a QB, via free agency or the draft.   

So here comes the era of $30M Dolphins QB Nick Foles!

Or Joe Flacco.

• Sad 1

Coach For Life Generalisimo Marvin Lewis (AKA the guy who hired that wothless sack of shit from the Browns) is in no danger because Mike Brown is one of the 5 worst owners in all of American sports. How many guys can keep their jobs without a single playoff win in FOURTEEN FUCKING YEARS????

Why would Harbaugh go to the Jets though? IF he decided to return, I imagine he'd have his pick of jobs, and Darnold aside, the Jets are a tire fire. I would think the Browns or Packers would be better franchises to go to. . .

11 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Why would Harbaugh go to the Jets though? IF he decided to return, I imagine he'd have his pick of jobs, and Darnold aside, the Jets are a tire fire. I would think the Browns or Packers would be better franchises to go to. . .

Do you really think an overcompetitive psychopath like Jim Harbaugh (or any NFL head coach) is going to turn down full control over a team in the #1 media market in the country?  

And arguably, the Jets is a better job than the Packers who are really, really starting to show their age and are a contract dispute with #12 away from irrelevance. Plus, it kind of looks like Joe Philbin is going to stay on there.  

In other news, Miami's expected to fire VP of Operations Mike Tannenbaum at the end of the season.  Adam Gase is expected to keep his job. (grr)

Good ol dead behind the eyes Jim Caldwell. Although, if you just want a HC to stand out there like cardboard cutout while your HoF QB leads the team, then I guess Caldwell is the guy you want. 

Anything more than that? Yeesh... just look at the Colts without Manning or his Lions tenure.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Matt Patricia feels he's ""pretty confident" he's keeping his job after meeting with Detroit ownership yesterday.  As a reminder, he inherited a 9-7 team that's now 5-10. 

All the Cam Newton articles coming out today comparing his shoulder to Andrew Luck is making me want to start drinking at 9am. 

LAST WEEK OF TANKATHON

TOP 9 

1.) ARIZONA: 3-12 (.525)

2.) SAN FRANCISCO: 4-11 (.504)

3.) NEW YORK JETS: 4-11 (.506)

4.) OAKLAND: 4-11 (.546)

5.) DETROIT: 5-10 (.504)

6.) TAMPA BAY: 5-10 (.521)

T7.) BUFFALO: 5-10 (.525)

T7.) NEW YORK GIANTS: 5-10 (.525)

9) JACKSONVILLE: 5-10 (.544)

NOTES:

The Bills and Giants order would be determined by coin flip if they remain tied

There are 4 teams tied at 6-9 with the Falcons having a SOS at the moment of .490 so they could easily jump up a few spots.

"IMPORTANT" GAMES

Atlanta at Tampa Bay

Detroit at Green Bay

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 7:25 AM, Craig H said:

Good ol dead behind the eyes Jim Caldwell. Although, if you just want a HC to stand out there like cardboard cutout while your HoF QB leads the team, then I guess Caldwell is the guy you want. 

Anything more than that? Yeesh... just look at the Colts without Manning or his Lions tenure.

In defense of Caldwell, who I did think should get fired, he had multiple wins literally stolen from him by officiating crews, costing the Lions one playoff berth for certain. 

Right now - the Vegas money seems to be that a minimum Black Sunday into Monday will claim

• Steve Wilks
  • Todd Bowles
  • Vance Joseph
  • Dirk Koetter

There clearly could be more but any of those 4 keeping their jobs would be surprising.