DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXII - 1/27/2019

Dolfan in NYC

It would be nice if they started up a tradition of whoever is the NXT World Champs - they get a spot in the Rumble (since they did that last year)

Also - I wonder if they are going to give the When Worlds Collide winner a spot

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Lesnar's best matches the last 3 or so years were singles matches against AJ and Bryan. Lesnar works best when he isn't working this suplex city bs in the first place or has guys who can work around it for something more interesting.

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

I'm thinking Cena/Rollins and the Joe/Reigns/Braun war. If your options are Bálor, Rollins, or Braun, his best bet is a multi-man where guys can cycle in and out and no one takes too many. 

Co-sign.

If we go from 2015-2018, Brock's best match was versus Roman Reigns which turned into a triple threat with Seth Rollins at WrestleMania XXXI. Less said about the Lesnar/Reigns matches of last year, the better.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

It would be nice if they started up a tradition of whoever is the NXT World Champs - they get a spot in the Rumble (since they did that last year)

Also - I wonder if they are going to give the When Worlds Collide winner a spot

Yeah, I like it when you can make some sort of kayfabe sense of who gets in. The women's rumble did it right last year, with the NXT inclusions being the reigning champion and the winner of the major tournament they ran the previous summer. That's easy to justify. As opposed to the men's rumble, where they included the NXT champion and... some random schmuck who lost at the Takeover the night before.

3 hours ago, tbarrie said:

As opposed to the men's rumble, where they included the NXT champion and... some random schmuck who lost at the Takeover the night before.

Some random schmuck who just happens to get the loudest pops, and is arguably nxt's most over act...but Adam Cole is just some random schmuck...bay bay.

I think the "random schmuck" line was more about Cole not having a kayfabe reason for being in the Rumble than an indictment of Cole specifically.

(As in, It would have made more storyline sense for Black, who had beaten Cole the previous night, to be selected.)

I really, really hope they don't kill Black's entrance by giving him a damn Rumble debut.

If you want another example - them trying to kayfabe Roman Reigns getting spot #30 in the 2017 because he was the loser of a championship match but not giving AJ Styles a spot in the same Rumble for the same exact reason

4 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I think the "random schmuck" line was more about Cole not having a kayfabe reason for being in the Rumble than an indictment of Cole specifically.

(As in, It would have made more storyline sense for Black, who had beaten Cole the previous night, to be selected.)

I really, really hope they don't kill Black's entrance by giving him a damn Rumble debut.

I think they went with Cole because they knew Philly would react huge for him. If you watch entrances people put up on youtube, he's getting loud reactions everywhere. There's one from Cleveland from last March and the reaction sounds like there's a lot more than 1,300 in that building. 

I don't know if I see anyone currently in nxt getting a spot, but I do see EC3 and Heavy Machinery in the rumble. From all reports, Lars Sullivan would have been in. 

• Like 1