DVDVR Message Board

Which Puro Wrestler's do you loathe

Noah Mark

Iizuka is in one of the greatest matches of all time so I give him a pass for finding a gimmick that gets the crowd into undercard matches (that doesn't involve burning the audience out) and that he can do while physically broken down. 

I want to say Marufuji for the majority of his career. Grumpy, strike-based Marufuji is tolerable. Don't really care for Ishimori either. 

Can we still say Takeshi Rikio?

YOSHI-HASHI also for being afforded more singles matches and G1s than he has ever earned. I would rather watch somebody with personality and charisma and far less technically proficient than the very fundamentally solid YH who has the personality of a wet dish cloth.

• Like 1

Speaking of, no word in awhile on how Tacos is doing either. If I had to say someone I outright loathe in puroresu it would probably be someone I don't watch or haven't ever seen because I can tolerate a lot and just skip stuff. For the humorousness in Survival Tobita he is a rather horrific wrestler, but that's part of his thing. I guess Gorgeous Matsuno would be close, but who the hell takes that guy seriously? He's meant to suck and does. So, the real answer is MINORU SUZUKI! YEAH.

Back many years ago (like 10-15 years) I had an unusual dislike for KENTA, but got over it when I got back into puro 4-5 years ago.

Can't really think of anyone I loathe these days. I do find Makabe and YOSHI-HASHI really uninteresting though. Don't really watch much outside of New Japan (time constraints) these days however. 

2 hours ago, Ace said:

I also still bear a grudge to KAGETORA for retiring Taku Iwasa.

He did come back for awhile, but that didn't last too long. Accidents happen.

Iizuka used to be cool and he's not actively harmful. Taichi is fine.

I never got on with Akitoshi Saito and that's nothing to do with REDACTED.

Found the whole Voodoo Murders thing boring particularly TARU and that's nothing to do with REDACTED.

Damon UEDA or whatever he is called these days was fun until he'd get to the ring and I'd fall asleep.

I don't loathe anyone though, it's a tough gig being a wrestler and I respect the hell out of anyone who makes a living at it.

On 12/17/2018 at 6:34 AM, Horangi said:

Back many years ago (like 10-15 years) I had an unusual dislike for KENTA, but got over it when I got back into puro 4-5 years ago.

Can't really think of anyone I loathe these days. I do find Makabe and YOSHI-HASHI really uninteresting though. Don't really watch much outside of New Japan (time constraints) these days however. 

For the longest time I hated KENTA but loved Marufuji, was a weird dynamic I had, particularly when I watched a ton of Noah back in the day.

I also really hated Jun Kasai when he's doing deathmatches, but somehow find him much more entertaining in a non-DM environment.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:23 PM, Oyaji said:

Iizuka is in one of the greatest matches of all time

Which match is this?  I'm guessing it's something that's happened since I stopped watching all this stuff.

I tried very briefly to watch some of the NJPW stuff that was on my Sling TV free trial, but I could only watch about 15 seconds before I just found it too absurd and hokey to even consider further.  And those 15 seconds featured Minoru Suzuki.  So either my answer is Suzuki, or the answer is literally fucking everyone.

Yoshi Hashi for me too. Can't stand him and hate every time he's in the ring.

And, this goes way back, but I've never been a fan of Taue. I went into it in the past, but he never did anything for me. 

Makabe sucks too.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I had an unreasonable dislike for Tatsutoshi Goto and El Samurai. I don't know why. I was a lot sillier when I was younger.

I love wrestling so it's hard to say I ever loathed any wrestler....

But Tiger Mask IV gave me a lot of sad faces.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Fucking Yoshinari Ogawa. How I hated him so as an Akiyama mark. 

This is hilarious. I remember when me and my cousin first got into puro, we were playing Fire Pro G and watching comp tapes. And Ogawa was the guy that we were just fucking baffled by. WHO IS THIS DUDE AND WHY DOES HIS FUCKING CRADLE CRITICAL PEOPLE. Then we'd see him in a match and be like "WHY IS THIS GUY IN THE RING WITH THESE OTHER AWESOME PEOPLE."

So it went from loathe to amusement and affection.

• Like 1