DVDVR Message Board

Shine On - Musicians RIP Thread

Dolfan in NYC

The thing is, musicians' deaths tend to affect us far more than your average movie person or even wrestler. There are still going to be plenty of stand-alone threads here, because we'll need them; that said, it's nice to have this for some of the smaller names that might go unnoticed otherwise. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Of the Monkees Tork lived life hardest. Some were amazed he made it to 50 let alone 77. I had the pleasure of seeing him, Nesmith and Dolenz perform in Detroit and it made me weep tears of jpy getting to see some version iof the band play with Nesmith. Tork is such an underappreciated musiccian it seems and probably had the most musical talent of the Monkees. Dolenz and Nesmith remain but all four remain in my heart

James

Big fan of them in the 90s with Fat of the Land being on regular rotation. Their work since then has been a very mixed bag, some great tunes but the rest mostly repetitive dirge. Howlett was obviously the creative brain behind the band, but Keith Flint was a perfect frontman for them.

• Like 1