DVDVR Message Board

Shine On - Musicians RIP Thread

Dolfan in NYC

Lars-Goran (L.G.) Petrov from Entombed and Entombed A.D., one of the greatest death metal vocalists ever, has passed away from bile duct cancer at the age of 49. 

https://blabbermouth.net/news/entombed-a-d-singer-lars-goran-petrov-dead-at-49/

Rest In Festering Slime, as the tombstone reads. Horns up. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Steinman had way too many bangers to post them all.  RIP to a legend.

And to make the wrestling connection: he's credited with producing Hulk Hogan's Theme for the Wrestling Album.

• Sad 1

During my college days I am not sure there was a rap song that both whites and blacks loved more than the Humpty Dance. Hell probably the same today frankly.   But you can't sleep on Do What you Like and my personal favorite Same Song.  Yes they are mostly known for introducing us to 2Pac but even without him this was a legendary group

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw the post on Instagram. A friend of mine got me into the W/IFS years ago when Brian Viglione was in the band, and I'd been following them ever since. I finally got to see them live last year, right before the pandemic shut everything down.

• Like 1

I want to say I saw em three times but I think it was only two. The first time was with the Subhumans (UK one). The getting down there and back was a story in and of itself, but anyway. I'd never heard this band and here we walk into this... thing. A guitar player with a wifebeater who looks like he's from some bad metal band, a woman with dreads and a dress on bass, sax players that look like 1. a drunk lawyer and 2. an old-timey Italian guy... and Jack. And a bunch of other people. And they blew me away. 

The second time (that I can remember) we saw em at I think the Metro in Chicago, and I was getting crushed so I found my way onto the steps leading up to the stage. I was decked out in my patched-up vest and as soon as Jack saw me I was given shit not once but twice by him. "Hey, punk rocka! I didn't know people still wore jackets like that!" And then the second time he just looked at me and cracked up. I just shook my head and made faces at him. They were good sports, for not kicking me off what was technically their stage. 

My best buddy bought him a Johnny Walker Black last time he saw them. 

RIP