DVDVR Message Board

RDR2 ONLINE

RIPPA

Y’all don’t have gas stations the size of grocery stores with beaver mascots and 80 pumps out front?

I will confess I’ve never been in one. Don’t think there’s one in Austin. They tend to be in small/medium sized towns on major highways, so I don’t drive by one often. Every time I do I think “wow that’s a shit ton of cars out front” and keep going. 

• Haha 1

The hell is a Buc-ees? Sounds like Sheetz on steroids.

Me and Mel loaded into three or four different rooms and he ain't kidding. Not a single animal anywhere. If hunting is busted, there really is nothing to do.

Found out one thing that made me laugh. I had never been to see what the Old Man Jones icon was all about. Turns out he can raise my honor for the low, low price of three gold. Fuck outta here, Rockstar.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jstout said:

There are employees in the bathrooms 24/7 to make sure they're clean. That, my friends, is America.

I did not know that.  They make a big deal about the bathrooms, but I had no idea some poor bastard has to sit in a gas station bathroom in Eagle Lake at 3:37 AM in case somebody is too drunk to hit the urinal.

Also, see what you did here Rockstar?!?!?!?!?!?!?  Are you happy with yourselves?  With no actual game here, this thread has degenerated into a discussion of gas station bathroom hygiene in east Texas.  If Rippa closes the tread and bans all of us, it's your damn faults you fuckers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One of my students is from Houston and pretty much talks about Buc-ee's non stop

She was supposed to bring us back merch during Christmas break but she studied abroad instead

Stupid better yourself instead of getting me a trucker hat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Doesnt Texas count as a foreign country?

It counts as no place.

As Excalibur once said during the Super Dragon vs. Bryan Danielson match on Epic TV.  Texas is a horrible place.  You may as well live on the street if you live in Texas.

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It counts as no place.

As Excalibur once said during the Super Dragon vs. Bryan Danielson match on Epic TV.  Texas is a horrible place.  You may as well live on the street if you live in Texas.

Clearly he was thinking of Houston.  I moved down there on a Friday.  That Saturday two people were stabbed across the street from me, during a home invasion.  I don't miss the place.

Jesus. For any Idiocracy fans in this thread, the first thing I thought of when I saw that picture was, "Welcome to Costco. I love you."

Robert - coworker of mine moved from my office back down to Houston a few years ago. When Hurricane Harvey hit, he was sending us pictures of alligators in his neighborhood, and he doesn't live out in the boonies either. Not sure if the pelts were perfect or not.

As far as online, I saw plenty of people complaining about no animals spawning, so it wasn't just a fluke the other day. Something is seriously busted.

I guess I'll just stick to singleplayer challenges. And speaking of them, I swear to god I bet I have run over 9 billion animals just normally playing. Now I need to run over 5 for a challenge, and they're slipping my horse like Mike Tyson in his prime.

• Like 1

Tried this again with Jones the other night. Now, along with no animals spawning, it has included your horse. They broke this bitch bad. Whistle, whistle, whistle, no horse anywhere. 

They have increased the player vs player hate and crime though. All there is to do is shoot each other. Can't even do the missions. 

It's still a new game and in beta. Give em a week or 2 and they'll have it as smooth as GTA! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How long has this dalm online game been in beta? Maybe they're gonna make their extra bones with DLC this time and save heavy online shit for the next GTA.

Or they could be waiting for the glitchers to do something so Rockstar can bust them and figure out how they broke the game. 

I hopped on the other night just to see the brokenness for myself. Had the exact experience I read about. Still no NPCs or animals. Horse wouldn't come when I called it.

There was a pile of pink dots in Tumbleweed, so I rode over to check out what was going on. They were having a fight club meeting, apparently. I guess when there's literally nothing to do, beating the shit out of each other is all you have left.

It was shockingly organized for a group of randoms. In very atypical Horsemen fashion, I considered and then decided against lobbing a stick of dynamite in the middle of them.

I figured if all the poor bastards had left was fist-fighting, I'd leave them to it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RUkered said:

I hopped on the other night just to see the brokenness for myself. Had the exact experience I read about. Still no NPCs or animals. Horse wouldn't come when I called it.

There was a pile of pink dots in Tumbleweed, so I rode over to check out what was going on. They were having a fight club meeting, apparently. I guess when there's literally nothing to do, beating the shit out of each other is all you have left.

It was shockingly organized for a group of randoms. In very atypical Horsemen fashion, I considered and then decided against lobbing a stick of dynamite in the middle of them.

I figured if all the poor bastards had left was fist-fighting, I'd leave them to it.

I've been on once in the last two weeks (fuck the flu).  Weirdly, I had no issues.  Was on for about 30 minutes.  Nobody was in the hunting grounds, so I made one run through.  Ended up with about $110 from that one go.

Head into the Red Dead Online Beta any time before Tuesday March 5th to receive a complimentary delivery of goods at your Camp’s Lockbox or at the Post Office consisting of:

• 2x Potent Snake Oil
  • 2x Potent Bitters
  • 2x Potent Miracle Tonic
  • 2x Horse Reviver
  • 2x Potent Horse Stimulan