DVDVR Message Board

RDR2 ONLINE

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Robert C said:

Controls in GTA feel much crisper too, though I think they're slowed down by design here.  On the plus side, there's no DeLoreans or flying motorcycles in this game yet.

It does feel clunky. I suck at killing people, yet others seem to be able to wipe my ass out from a quarter billion miles away with ease.

• Like 1

It's going to be like GTA Online Christmas 2013, when everyone went from having one personal vehicle and nowhere to live, to then suddenly the entire player base was living in the most expensive apartment. Which annoyed the hell out of everyone who'd already bought it with earned (or bought) money, thinking it would let them spawn in a quieter area. Unlike the scrum that would constantly gather at the LS Customs in the North of the City.

I think both gold bar giveaways were contingent on having played online before they happened.  

Gold bars are available for sale now, so I'm figuring two things

1 - They're not gonna kick everybody back to level 1, $0 when the real online starts.  Not with bought money available now

2 - I'm guessing real online is coming pretty soon.

$10 in real money for 25 gold bars.  My money is safe.

2 hours ago, RUkered said:

My horse gets more remedial by the day. I spawned in Strawberry and whistled for it, and its dumbass came down the stairs behind the butcher stand and got stuck. I had to run away and call for it again.

Last night I was standing about 20 feet from mine at the base of a cliff.  I called it.  It ran the opposite direction - right up the cliff.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Robert C said:

I still want to know how that guy we ran into hit level 71.  I've played quite a bit, and I've just barely hit 27.  

71???? Holy crap.

I feel like I have played a ton and I'm only at 16.

Maybe he's a hacker, so you should put Meth Reba in a skimpy petticoat and see if he'll hump gold bars at you in a back alley.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RUkered said:

71???? Holy crap.

I feel like I have played a ton and I'm only at 16.

Maybe he's a hacker, so you should put Meth Reba in a skimpy petticoat and see if he'll hump gold bars at you in a back alley.

At least that would more discrete.  Last time it was no a roof.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We're a bunch of damn fools, or at least melraz and I are.  Looked up how to unlock dual wield pistols.  Turns out all you've gotta do is buy a damn off hand holster.  

Also, everybody that hasn't seen Stout's online guy owes it to themselves to do so.

• Like 1

I killed and cooked a blue songbird today in the real world. Or would it be cooked and killed? Or better yet, killed while being cooked is the best terminology. Didn't eat it though. I discarded its little charred ass off the caboose at work. 

(I lit my kerosene stove heater and it had come down the pipe to stay warm I suppose.....or was it waiting to pop out of the door and kill me? Hummm!  Well either way it got warm, real warm.)

I'm actually sure it's fine. I got it from the flame and only thing I could see wrong with it was one eye was gone and probably 1/4 of its feathers. Dalm, now it's gonna come back and finish me off. 

P.s. I hate birds!

• Like 1