DVDVR Message Board

RDR2 ONLINE

RIPPA

Online has been pretty sweet so far. Knocked off a bunch of missions in free roam with our posse. It’s really funny and a nice, yet odd change to roam around and not have anyone immediately tag you. 

Though a gunfight did break out at the fence in Thieves Landing. The four of us were there, and three others strolled up. Everything was cool and we waved and that was it. Out of nowhere, this guy stumbles up and starts shooting at the dogs. 

Well, now you’ve started a war, fella. 

Good stuff though. 

Joining somebody in game works a bit different from GTA.  Instead of starting in your camp or whatever you start right by whoever you joined.  melraz and I damn near shot each other last night cause we didn't know that.

Also, shooting cases of dynamite is fun.  Shooting cases of dynamite when they guy you're fighting is standing right to em is sublime.

Another bit of fun - running over a posse leader with a train.  Not sure what he thought was gonna happen there.

I found a farming method that seems to work decent enough.  I will try to throw a video together here in a few.  

I bought the pump action shotgun from the catalogue but haven't received it yet.  The bullets went to the post office, but I didn't see the gun.  I wasnt paying attention and bought too much repeater ammo, now the extra is sitting at the p.o.  I hope I haven't glitched all that money away.  That would suck.

It wasnt at the camp either.

I shot a bunch of bullets and was able to pick up the rest of my ammo from the post office, still no pump shotty... Amazon in 1899 sucks.

I did a thing with rockstar support about it, so who knows.  Moral of the story, dont buy guns from the catalogue, go to the gunsmith.  Support small businesses or something 

I somehow hit max honor in online, despite my habit of shooting every random person I see outside of the towns, player or NPC.  

Finally got me a decent gun last night, then decided I needed to try it out on the first NPC that I crossed paths with.  Must've been rush hour or something, because the body count was eight or nine before I finally ran out of witnesses.

Got tired of Reba looking emaciated so I made my way to camp and had her cook and eat everything I had in my satchel.  10000 calories later, she's still underweight.  Girl must have the metabolism of a hummingbird or something.  She's also tiny height wise.  My girl in GTA 5 may've been taller than my guy, but ol' Reba looks to be about five foot nothing.

Heads up guys, at the moment, the best rifle to use for basically everything if you’re at a low rank with hardly any cash is the Varmint rifle. Great for hunting to save money on food and receive added benefits from cooking with herbs. Plus the obvious of making money from perfect pelts. But for PvP, it’s ridiculously easy to get headshots. Plus, it’s only $72. 

Besides that, I/we did a bunch of racing yesterday. It’s actually pretty enjoyable, provided you’ve got some folks with you. The mad scramble ones, where you have to get any checkpoint at random was my favorite. I managed to win a bunch of those as well as the others. 

Obviously, the better the finish, the better the reward. Join or create a posse, click on the racing icons on the map and you’ll all join together.

2 hours ago, Robert C said:

My girl in GTA 5 may've been taller than my guy, but ol' Reba looks to be about five foot nothing.

It was all in the shoes. Every GTA online character is the same height, the girls can just gain a few inches by wearing heels. Although there is an alleged competitive advantage to playing as a female; The character model has a smaller head, so allegedly it's harder to hit a headshot against a girl character. Might be BS though.

1 minute ago, AxB said:

It was all in the shoes. Every GTA online character is the same height, the girls can just gain a few inches by wearing heels. Although there is an alleged competitive advantage to playing as a female; The character model has a smaller head, so allegedly it's harder to hit a headshot against a girl character. Might be BS though.

High heels and a dunce cap are good if you’re someone who’s going for the freakishly tall look. The females do have a smaller head, it’s noticeable on a lot of the hats, towards the back. 

2 hours ago, RUkered said:

Anybody else getting their asses absolutely handed to them in online, or do I just suck that much?

I feel like I can't get shit done for getting blasted in the face.

I've had the same problem.  I've been crap so far.  I'm definitely worse than I ever was in GTA

29 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I've had the same problem.  I've been crap so far.  I'm definitely worse than I ever was in GTA

You guys should work yourself up to the Varmint rifle like I had mentioned. It’s an excellent pvp weapon. Headshots almost every time.

I dont want to ruin anyone's experience playing the game. 

People play games to have fun.  Sometimes you have other stuff going on, and for whatever reason cant join a party, or just dont want to.  

I changed my gt (MY5TlK), some may not know.  Most know though, I've had conversations on xbl either on party chat or though messages.

If I've done or said something to offend you, tell me, I will try to make it right.

If you dont have the fortitude for that, and are hiding offline to avoid me, just unfriend/unfollow.  I can respect that.

Rockstar still doesn't give a shit about your privacy settings, you show up under "crew" playing the game even if you are "appearing offline" on xbox live.

If you dont want me in the crew or to post on this board anymore, again, let me (or I guess Neil, whoever runs the crew) know. It can be resolved, quickly.

I dont want to call anyone in particular out,  I sent multiple party invites to multiple people over the weekend.  I've had people go offline and join a new session and play on, knowing it was me.  It has happened on gta, back before I changed my gt.

I don’t know what happened up above there. But as I had mentioned a few days ago, the names thread is a bit old. So, @RIPPA, if you have a few minutes here and there, could you put two spoilers in the initial post? One for PS4 and one for XB, so that if we want, we can add fellow board members? 

There are a few who may benefit from knowing current console names (not counting those who are friends already). Especially since this game hasn’t given you an option for not firing on friends yet. 

I will figure out the best way to do it since - mainly since I don't know who in the crew is or is not still playing.

In the meantime - I see @Tromatagon request to join the crew but it isn't letting me approve it. So for the moment you will have to wait for @Neil Koch

(I am assuming I am just missing where the option is)

BTW - Mis reminded me

If you are XBOX crew - don't bother sending me an Online invite right now. I haven't created an online character yet so even if I wanted to join you, I would have to go through the creation AND whoever the equivalent of Lamar is before I could play.

I think I will create a character this weekend

On 12/3/2018 at 12:03 PM, RIPPA said:

I should have put money on Burke being the first one to confuse the two threads

DAMN IT...

Edit: Boy, I sure love hunting for an hour and getting booted from the server before I have a chance to save.

On that subject, I honestly have no idea what is the easiest way to save. Finishing a mission?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

I dont want to ruin anyone's experience playing the game. 

People play games to have fun.  Sometimes you have other stuff going on, and for whatever reason cant join a party, or just dont want to.  

I changed my gt (MY5TlK), some may not know.  Most know though, I've had conversations on xbl either on party chat or though messages.

If I've done or said something to offend you, tell me, I will try to make it right.

If you dont have the fortitude for that, and are hiding offline to avoid me, just unfriend/unfollow.  I can respect that.

Rockstar still doesn't give a shit about your privacy settings, you show up under "crew" playing the game even if you are "appearing offline" on xbox live.

If you dont want me in the crew or to post on this board anymore, again, let me (or I guess Neil, whoever runs the crew) know. It can be resolved, quickly.

I dont want to call anyone in particular out,  I sent multiple party invites to multiple people over the weekend.  I've had people go offline and join a new session and play on, knowing it was me.  It has happened on gta, back before I changed my gt.

Since I assume this is pointed at me, I'll address it.

If I offended you by not joining your party, then I apologize. I was talking to my wife while playing and didn't want to slap on a headset. I have played with Stout, Robert, and Mel for years now, and we don't always send each other invitations. Hell, I've been best friends with Mel since 9th grade and we don't always jump in a party. Half the time, I message and ask first because, as you said, people may have other things going on. The point is - if I didn't accept the first invite, then I'm probably not going to accept the third or fourth one either. Just leave it at one, man. I'll join when I can, if I can, if I want to. Doesn't mean I'm trying to avoid you.

As far as offline goes - I go in and out of it a lot - mostly trying to avoid an annoying cousin. I know Rockstar games show people online no matter what their privacy settings are. Been that way since GTAO came out a half decade ago. Ain't anyone trying to hide or lacking fortitude, as you put it.

It's all good man. See you online some time soon.

Side note - don't know what I expected, but these servers are as dog shit as the GTA ones. I picture a smoking server rack in a rusted out warehouse somewhere with Milton from Office Space sitting in front of it in the dark, bitching about his stapler.

• Like 1