DVDVR Message Board

RDR2 ONLINE

RIPPA

Okay - we are going to use this thread for all the online play stuff. Our exploits, organizing games, figuring out user names, etc..

Remember if you are going to play online - join the DVDR clan. There should be folks playing on both systems.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/

If you send a request to join and don't get accepted - you can shoot me a message (in here or PM) to tell me to get off my ass to approve it.

I am Plippa19 - I am playing on the XBOX (so feel free to send me a friend request too - just let me know who you fucking are)

I guess I need to find my headset (or get a new one) today. 

Still waiting on the update to push through. It wasn’t there last night at midnight ET.

edit:

update took about 10 minutes to load.

the Online Beta screen still says “coming soon.” 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Of course - did GTA V ever officially come out of Beta?

My extensive use of ignition bombs from the privacy and comfort of my penthouse would make me tend to say, "No."

• Haha 1

Can't wait to see how gloriously broken this is.  Hopefully its broken in entertaining ways, but I'm guessing it will be mainly 12 year olds electrocuting me or running around invisible.

Gonna be interesting to see how Rockstar intends to make their next billion from microtransactions

2 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Gonna be interesting to see how Rockstar intends to make their next billion from microtransactions

Certainly there will be a wagon equipped with a Gatling Gun that will cost several thousand dollars... which would be a few million in GTA Bucks.

I wonder if we will get dunce cap points for shooting other players's horses?

8 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I'm fully expecting them to sell ranches and houses in St. Denis.  Maybe trains too.  If they want to make it is stupid as GTA online has become, they're gonna have to put in an armored Pegasus.

I want a mountain hideout up in the snow like I was a Western Blofeld. 

• Like 2

Just now, odessasteps said:

I want a mountain hideout up in the snow like I was a Western Blofeld. 

So it can take an hour to ride up and down the trail to your crib to get back and forth from the main roads?

No thanks.

31 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Like when we used to drive back and forth from Sandy Shores to play Darts. 

But I could make that trip in no time flat in my Sultan GT.  We're riding horses in this game and the mother fuckers get tired.  Getting from A to B will not be fun.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

We're riding horses in this game and the mother fuckers get tired.  Getting from A to B will not be fun.

I haven’t done it yet, but you can hail a passing wagon to drive you around. Maybe there’s an option to speed it up, like the cabs in GTA. 

14 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

As of 1300 ET, still “coming soon.”

Do you have the Ultimate Edition? Otherwise you can't play it today

Here’s a quick breakdown for when you’ll be able to play Red Dead Online:

Tuesday, November 27 - Anyone with the Ultimate Edition of Red Dead Redemption 2.

Wednesday, November 28 - Anyone who played Red Dead 2 on launch day (October 26).

Thursday, November 29 - Anyone who played Red Dead 2 on launch weekend (October 26-29)

Friday, November 30 - Anyone else who owns the game.

Yeah, I got whichever the max option was available digitally. 

Update: still coming soon. I’m guessing I will be SOL until Friday since I’m working Wed and Thursday. 

I did see IGN posted a YouTube clip of their folks playing.

apparently, there is a story mode in online, 

The Showdown series modes available in the beta. These appear to be able to be done either with 16 or 32 players (if you select Showdown Large)

Shootout & Team Shootout

Classic gunfight modes with unlimited lives. Compete to rack up the most kills before the timer runs out. Sudden death will trigger in the event of a tie: whoever gets the first kill wins.

Make it Count

A true test of resourcefulness in two game modes: use nothing but a bow and a handful of arrows or throwing knives to be the last one standing. With a gradually shrinking player area, there’s nowhere to run.

Most Wanted

A tactical race to the top. Every kill pushes you up the scoreboard, but watch out: the closer to the top you are, the more points everyone else gets for killing you.

Hostile Territory

Work in teams to control the land. Capture a territory to start racking up points: the team with most points wins - or you can win outright by capturing every territory.

Name your Weapon

Demonstrate your personal specialty in this free-for-all or team based match: the trickier the weapon you use to land the killing blow, the more points you get.

There are also horse races along with a bunch of other random stuff

A true test of resourcefulness in two game modes: use nothing but a bow and a handful of arrows or throwing knives to be the last one standing. With a gradually shrinking player area, there’s nowhere to run.

Hello, Dan.

• Like 1

I won't be able to get on until at least Friday, and not much (it's getting close to finals, lots of school projects) but I already know I want to make my dude look like a cross between Mr. Burns and CT from the Preacher comics but uglier and with less teeth.

If "Get to the choppah" was the go to Predator quote for GTA, then "You're one ugly motherfucker" has to be a early favorite based off the standard online character models.  I've pretty much wound up with Reba McEntire if she had gold teeth and a raging meth addiction, and that's a big improvement over where I started.

• Haha 3

I know it wasn't a "Predator" line, but I always loved "to the Mini-Cooper!"

Be trying on this online thing on the 30th - just got the game a couple of weeks ago. I"m at 14 percent complete.

If I"m in the DVDR group for GTA 5, does that mean I'm automatically in the group for this, or do I have to join somewhere else? The Social Club website wasn't much help at all.

48 minutes ago, jstout said:

I know it wasn't a "Predator" line, but I always loved "to the Mini-Cooper!"

Be trying on this online thing on the 30th - just got the game a couple of weeks ago. I"m at 14 percent complete.

If I"m in the DVDR group for GTA 5, does that mean I'm automatically in the group for this, or do I have to join somewhere else? The Social Club website wasn't much help at all.

You are still listed as a crew commissioner on the website, so I'd presume you are good.