DVDVR Message Board

RDR2 ONLINE

RIPPA

On 9/10/2019 at 9:46 PM, odessasteps said:

You guys might like doing this new Bounty Hunter job. Or the Trader.

I'm actually doing both of those roles now. Having a lot of fun with them. I'm basically dressed like The Undertaker and when I pick the bounties I'm going to do, I decide whether or not I'm to kill them based on their crimes. The Legendary Bounties are pretty cool too. My favorites so far are the guy who lives with the wolves and the other guy who lives in the swamp who drugs you and makes you have a freakout in order to attempt to kill you.

I almost lost my 370+ day daily challenge streak because Rockstar of all companies decided they would show support for BLM by closing their servers for 2 hours. 

Luckily, I logged in before leaving for work and got 2 challenges done before leaving. 

Not as tone deaf as the Washington Football Team giving *cough* token empathy, but close. 

Edited by odessasteps

14 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I almost lost my 370+ day daily challenge streak because Rockstar of all companies decided they would show support for BLM by closing their servers for 2 hours. 

Luckily, I logged in before leaving for work and got 2 challenges done before leaving. 

Not as tone deaf as the Washington Football Team giving *cough* token empathy, but close. 

I had an 18 day streak going. I'm on vacation in OBX adn brought my PS4. I did 3 days in a row here but totally forgot the other day as we'd been out at the beach all day and I fell asleep before I could log in.

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2020 at 10:39 PM, odessasteps said:

Update looks good from what I’ve seen so far. 

Harriet reminds me too much of Helena Bonham Carter. 

I lost my streak due to the update. Logged on late in the evening on Sat just to do a few challenges and kept getting kicked out or not being able to get in at all. Had a 35 day streak going.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

RDR2 Online mode will be sold as a standalone game starting on Dec 1

The introductory price will be $5. That will last till Feb 5, 2021

It will basically install as the entire game though since the download will still be 123 GB

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Today, Strauss Zelnick, CEO of Rockstar’s parent company Take-Two Interactive, confirmed that he and his company were aware of all the frustration and assured fans more was planned, but didn’t offer any details or a timeframe for when those updates would come.

Red Dead Online—the multiplayer spin-off of 2018’s Red Dead Redemption II—hasn’t received a new, substantial update since July 2021. That last update, Blood Money, added some new robberies, clothing items, and a slew of short-lived battle passes. Even before that, large updates to Rockstar’s open-world online western game were rare, often separated by many months of nothing but small weekly events where players could earn a bit of extra XP or cash for playing old content, again. Meanwhile, Rockstar’s other ongoing multiplayer game, Grand Theft Auto Online, continues to receive large and small updates at a much more rapid pace. This has led to a tense situation among RDO players, who feel frustrated, ignored, and who believe the game is abandoned like a dead bandit in the desert.

Today, speaking to IGN, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick acknowledged the frustration among RDO players, adding that he was “flattered” by it all.

“I’ve heard the frustration,” said Zelnick. “it’s flattering that [RDO players] want more content, and more will be said by Rockstar in due time.”

After that nothing-burger answer, Zelnick then told IGN that it wasn’t his place to talk about RDO’s future, and instead he would allow Rockstar Games to talk about what updates might be coming down the mountain for the game.

“Rockstar Games talks about the updates that are coming,” Zelnick told IGN. “And we’re working on an awful lot at Rockstar Games.”

Well, it seems this sort-of-encouraging news was too good to be true. Take-Two sent over a clarification to IGN about its CEO statements regarding the future of RDO, explaining that Zelnick was “solely referring to the online servers” for the game and explained it wasn’t confirming any future content updates are in the works, instead saying Rockstar would get to decide if and when such updates would come to RDO.

IGN also asked Zelnick if Take-Two and Rockstar Games planned on supporting Red Dead Online for the long-term and he confirmed that was indeed the plan, though again offered no specific details or timetable on when frustrated players could expect any new updates.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...