DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

I don't even understand what a Sit Out Press Slam is. Are we saying he's got them up Ultimate Warrior Gorilla style and he just sit down while the guy falls down?

This drove me nuts til I went to youtube to remember. It was really more like a press slam into a falcon arrow or whatever. Perfectly viable because the head gets tucked somewhat so it's sort of like a bigger Michinoku Driver. This place used to love when Albert would Last Ride the Hardys before Taker started using it.

I didn't realize how much of a moovez freak he is. I totally dug that reverse full nelson dealie. The Gorilla Michinoku Driver makes sense now that I see it. Some one should be doing the Derailer.

ALSO another finisher that's on the table - THE MOTHER FUCKIN DOMINATOR. I wish Claudio was doing that instead of that Neutralizer.

DVDVR Lurker?
I popped big time for that--especially the "Stupid" he adds at the end. I couldn't believe it after all the jackhammer talk on here yesterday.
To be fair, the last F4W show I listened to, they were talking about whether they might do a Goldberg vs. Ryback match next year (and how it's ridiculous because Goldberg was famous for his undefeated streak and how Ryback just loses month after month after month). I think WWE has been actually thinking about doing a match between those two.

The shortest Meltzer 5 star match was Ishii vs Shibata from the G1 Climax this year (8/4).   It clocked in at 12:17. I also remember he gave 4 3/4***** to a Rey-Psicosis match that lasted less than 10 minutes on the War Super J Cup (12/13/95) What was the  5 star match that went 18:09?

The list I used was just of WWF matches (through July 2013). Full list in ascending order: https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/mookieghana-prowrestlingstatistics/wo_star_by_match/wwf_stars_timePPV: 3/20/94 Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (Ladder) ***** [18:49]

I'm actually really happy to see him bust that out, and I'm surprised they didn't have him doing it earlier to cross-promote the Goldberg DVD.  

"Ryback is taunting these fans chanting Goldberg, but you can see the real thing on the new three-disc Goldberg DVD, available on WWEShop.com!"

This is fantastic heeling.  They should have him keep it up for a while, kind of like the Jericho-Goldberg stuff.  Maybe they can convince him to come in for a quick WM buyrate, but worst case scenario, Ryback gets heel heat from using the moves, he loses a few (more) matches, and ditches the moves, calling them worthless, to debut some new finisher that kickstarts a win streak.

You know the WWE Then and Now thing at the beginning of the shows. It's got a lot of the usual suspects. Cena, Andre, Taker, Austin, Rock, HHH, Gorilla/Brain, Vince Sr., Trish, Bret, Flair, Shawn, Jericho, etc.

And then... there's Otunga in a bow tie.

• Like 1

For some reason I thought Sanders had a horrible, career-ending injury. It was one of the NBT. Was it Alan Funk? Doesn't look like him either. Who the hell am I thinking about?

It was Alan Funk. Sonny Siaki broke his face during a match in Finland. (Funk/Sanders-v-Siaki/Skipper). Broken jaw, nose, and orbital bone.

Yeah, I remember hearing about it at the time.

Wrestling Sonny Siaki could be hazardous to your health.

I have no idea who Sonny Siaki is. So I googled him and watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMw5EaN_20Y

He's not very good. But what interested me was the lack of signs in the crowd. It's like one dude with a SLAP NUTS sign. That's when you know it's over.

Also, I was wondering whatever happened to Elix Skipper. I couldn't believe he's 45! And, sadly, a few years ago his 22 year old son was murdered. 

This post wasn't meant to be so sad.