DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

I haven't seen enough of his indy (or FCW/NXT) stuff to judge one way or the other, but in WWE he's been as boring as batshit.

Brodie Lee's work in Chikara vs. Claudio is worth seeking out. Imagine how they could win a crowd over with 15-20 minutes on a ppv.
I think Chikara has their cage match on YouTube too. So you can legally watch it for free.Brodie was awesome. I loved watching him boot people's faces off.

Brodie really took it up a level when he got the trucker gimmick.

I like that Brodie/Luke Harper is essentially the same aside from being in a backwoods religious cult. The indy fan in me always worries about how WWE is going to repackage guys that were fairly or well established on the indies.

I seem to recall some story about the Sin Cara figure with the sling being a "mistake." I think it was supposed to be Mysterio in the sling (coming off the whole deal with Del Rio injuring his arm) but somehow Sin Cara ended up in the sling instead during production. Either way, pretty darn hilarious. 

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but Hulk Hogan is an idiot.  I've been watching 1995 Nitro shows and then reading the WON stuff on them afterwards.  In the September 25 issue, it's stated that Steve Austin was fired and Hogan and his crew felt he had no charisma.  On what planet does Steve Austin not have charisma in 1995?  Hell, in 94, he came across as amazing with a ton of potential, probably in 93 too but I haven't seen enough of his stuff from then.  My rant is over :)

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but Hulk Hogan is an idiot.  I've been watching 1995 Nitro shows and then reading the WON stuff on them afterwards.  In the September 25 issue, it's stated that Steve Austin was fired and Hogan and his crew felt he had no charisma.  On what planet does Steve Austin not have charisma in 1995?  Hell, in 94, he came across as amazing with a ton of potential, probably in 93 too but I haven't seen enough of his stuff from then.  My rant is over :)

Yet people still chuck money at Hogan ... that's the thing that puzzles me to no end.

There's been some talk about Hogan back in WWE at some point. Does anyone want to see him? I can't imagine. We are now a decade beyond his farewell tour the last time he was in WWE.

Probably at Mania.  He'd probably generate something for his first appearance but everything else after that would dwindle. 

Also, Hulk doesn't seem to have helped TNA in any major way in the last four years.

There's been some talk about Hogan back in WWE at some point. Does anyone want to see him? I can't imagine. We are now a decade beyond his farewell tour the last time he was in WWE.

Probably at Mania. He'd probably generate something for his first appearance but everything else after that would dwindle. Also, Hulk doesn't seem to have helped TNA in any major way in the last four years.
I've heard that the WWE "low balled" him offered him less money then he was expecting so he turned them down.