DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

Billy Gunn showing up to TNA was hilarious because he DWARFED the entire fucking roster, including their "monster" Abyss. Not much of a monster when you're looking up at Mr. Ass.

Ir's been noted here before, but Kip is deceptively huge.

It's because of how fucking huge the guys on the roster were in the 90's.  He was an average or maybe slightly above average sized guy by WWF standards during most of his career, but it's exaggerated because guys were fucking huge. 

Because while he had a good look, he had a sucky attitude and wasn't that good in the ring or on a live mic.

Given his post-wrestling tendency to beat up senior citizens, sucky attitude may have been putting it mildly.

I believe he's a hairdresser now.

Even worse, Jones had two "runs" in WWE, first as a heel and then later as a face, totally ignoring the first run.  And apart from the totally botched spin kick, I can't remember a single thing Jones did.  He did, however, have a shockingly good match against Scott Steiner on one of those WWA PPV's.

All I remember is being told he lost his shit and ripped the door off his jail cell once. Other than that he could just as well be Mark Jindrak.

Billy Gunn showing up to TNA was hilarious because he DWARFED the entire fucking roster, including their "monster" Abyss. Not much of a monster when you're looking up at Mr. Ass.

Not so hard to do when a few of the women dwarfed most of the roster. But at least Lacey wasn't such a raging arsehole like Gunn is.

Man, remember the pump handle fad of the late 90's? That was weird.

Sitting out was all the rage in the early to mid aughts.

And they treated "sitting out" like it somehow made all moves more dangerous. My brother and I used to joke that the most dangerous indy move in the world would be a sit-out superkick... ON THE FLOOR!

I remember in 2000 someone in Wildside (Rick Michaels maybe) actually did a sit-out press slam, and I thought, "That was kinda pointless."

Because while he had a good look, he had a sucky attitude and wasn't that good in the ring or on a live mic.

Given his post-wrestling tendency to beat up senior citizens, sucky attitude may have been putting it mildly.

You're thinking of O'Haire.

Which really goes to underscore Jae's point that the initial Jindrak-Billy Gunn comparison sucks, since none of you can tell him apart from the others.

Which really goes to underscore Jae's point that the initial Jindrak-Billy Gunn comparison sucks, since none of you can tell him apart from the others.

I was talking about O'Haire. If he hadn't been a crazy dick (even by wrestling standards) he'd probably be main eventing.

Shyeeet, I don't care if that guy shook everybody's hand and sent Christmas Cards for the Holidays, he was never gonna main event in the E.

Also, Bike Palumbo was fucking awesome and he actually got a little over just because he rode a motorcycle. Go youtube his feud with Jamie Noble. Out of all those cats Palumbo was the best.

Goddamn, I think this gave me Ebola.

You can tell they just loved acting, and putting over their dog for that angle.

Could be worse.  If it had been Hulk Hogan's dog, the dog would have been a multi-time tag team champion in WCW (including one run with Judy Bagwell), had a nine month run as WCW TV Champion, and hung around in TNA for the better part of a year.

I was talking about O'Haire. If he hadn't been a crazy dick (even by wrestling standards) he'd probably be main eventing.

Yeah, but you're not telling us anything... we don't already know.

• Like 2

Even worse, Jones had two "runs" in WWE, first as a heel and then later as a face, totally ignoring the first run.  And apart from the totally botched spin kick, I can't remember a single thing Jones did.  He did, however, have a shockingly good match against Scott Steiner on one of those WWA PPV's.

All I remember is being told he lost his shit and ripped the door off his jail cell once. Other than that he could just as well be Mark Jindrak.

Wasn't he Undertaker's 'protege' for a while?

The Colossus of Boggo Road

Billy Gunn had two great themes. That is two more than Dolph.

Plus the DX and NAO themes. 4.

Billy Gunn was great. I GOT IT ALLLLLL

Wait, can we also count the Billy and Chuck theme here and make it five? I'm a little ashamed to admit this, but "YOUUUUU LOOOOK SOOOOOO... GOOD TO ME" was almost like hearing the glass break at one point. It was an automatic insta-pop from me.

• Like 2