DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

That Meltzer radio show tidbit, where he explained how Vince was going to move RAW to UPN/Friday and Nitro to USA/Monday, blew my mind. It was a done deal, which USA had already signed off on. Living in St. Louis at the time, I wouldn't have been able to watch RAW as they didn't get the network until a couple of years later.

WWF was actually on TNN by that time, so it seems a little more believable, since TNN didn't have the brand loyalty of RAW.  I would think USA would have vetoed that idea in a heartbeat.

No results for it listed on the History of WWE. Although I did see this for the first time:

Worldwide - 4/1/01 - the final WCW broadcast; hosted by Mike Tenay & Scott Hudson; included highlights of Greed; featured an ad for WCW Mastercard featuring Buff Bagwell; included an "Ask WCW" segment where Tony Schiavone stated his favorite wrestler to interview was Larry Zbyszko, with Schiavone then laughing; featured a "Reel Time Wrestling" flashback to Bagwell vs. Diamond Dallas Page from Souled Out 2000; included a look back at the War Games match from Fall Brawl 1994; the show ended with Hudson stating "And this wraps up WCW Worldwide. Not just for this week, but forever and a day. WCW gone, Worldwide gone. We want to thank you for joining us each and every week here on WCW Worldwide. What a great crew we've had, it's been a lot of fun taping these show, and you can see we have a really good time. For Mike Tenay, I'm Scott Hudson, we'll see you down the road somewhere else."

It kind of makes me happy to know that the final match ever broadcast on WCW television was Wargames 1994.

• Like 3

I don't generally like to fantasy book, but Dustin and Cody being back made me think how awesome it would be for Goldust to get a match for the WHC against Del Rio, win.....and then have corporate genius Damien Sandow cash in. Cody chases for the rest of the year. JR loses his pants every Monday.

• Like 3

Has anyone heard the story Jim Cornette told about Santino on the last episode of MLW Radio? He went in on that dude man. :{

Wasn't Santino the student Cornette went off on that led to him being fired from OVW?

Cornette slapped him in the face because he was laughing at Boogeyman when they were trying to get him over as scary. I love Cornette, but he's turned into a cranky old psycho.

Has anyone heard the story Jim Cornette told about Santino on the last episode of MLW Radio? He went in on that dude man. :{

Wasn't Santino the student Cornette went off on that led to him being fired from OVW?

Cornette slapped him in the face because he was laughing at Boogeyman when they were trying to get him over as scary. I love Cornette, but he's turned into a cranky old psycho.

Does at least edited footage of the OVW TV exist online?