DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC 2018 -12/16

RIPPA

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah, but shitty wrestler Corbin doesn't take up 1/3 of Raw.

Shitty wrestler Corbin > Shitty GM Corbin

This makes sense until he takes up your favorite babyface for like four months of shitty matches.

In short, the man is a menace.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think "eh" is the best way to sum up this show. 

I'm higher on it than you but some of that is probably because of how bad the TV has been.  That said,  the roster is so talented right now.. they really have to try very hard to have a shitty PPV.   For the most part you are putting two guys or two teams or a few women out there who are great..  so unless the layout is just completely absurd you are going to get pretty good matches.  Often, great matches.  Obviously this does nothing for the lead up to said matches.  

Where was Byron? Don't get me wrong, they made the second best choice by replacing him with Otunga (first would have been Booker, last would have been Coach)

Re: Corbin
I hate to say it, but I miss stringy haired Corbin, especially when he was US Champ and would come down to the ring and show everyone his belt. This Corbin.....not so much.

• Like 3

Hopefully they keep Rollins and Ambrose apart for a good long while. It worked before because Dean is an incredibly effective babyface and Seth comes off as genuinely unlikeable. Trying to play them both opposite type is horrifyingly tone deaf. 

I think Reigns’ illness has effected Ambrose in some way mentally. He has not looked focused at all since. The best thing might be to have Renee play some part in this. This shit is DOA at this point, why not use her to try and salvage it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That said,  the roster is so talented right now.. they really have to try very hard to have a shitty PPV.   For the most part you are putting two guys or two teams or a few women out there who are great..  so unless the layout is just completely absurd you are going to get pretty good matches.  Often, great matches.  Obviously this does nothing for the lead up to said matches.  

I agree the talent is immense right now, however, I think the issue I'm having (and possibly others are) is that (especially on Raw) the matchups are getting super, super predictable and stale.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MonteCarl said:

So let's say somehow before Mania, both Charlotte and Becky end up on RAW and the WM match is them vs Rousey. Who does SDL get in return and what would be the title match for Asuka at Mania? Naomi? Nia? Alexa? A called up from NXT Io? 

In this scenario, I would say they push Sasha over to Smackdown because we have already seen there chemistry is high level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

In this scenario, I would say they push Sasha over to Smackdown because we have already seen there chemistry is high level.

Yeah, but you gotta keep the horsewomen on the same show for now. In case you wanna do some hijinx with the eight horsewomen. Is that enough to pull a stagecoach? Wait, what were we talking about?

if Alexa isn’t the new RAW GM, I could see her getting traded to smackdown. Maybe take Mickie and a couple others with her.

Flair/Rousey
Nia/Becky
Asuka/Naomi
Brock/Rollins
Braun/Drew
Miz/Shane

.... Bayley/Sasha vs........dunno, the Bellas? Shirai/Kairi? No idea where you go with AJ and Bryan - does Cena come back and challenge Bryan, or do you go with Rey? Another shot at Taker/Cena? Can they convince Shawn to do the AJ match? No-one else really matters at this point

13 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The decade? 

Do I just not understand wrestling anymore? 

In that wrestling fans have a potentially wide variety of opinions?

My comment is based on my opinion that every match on the show was good. Even Rollins/Ambrose (which was the most poorly produced match in context). That's pretty hard to do for a main roster WWE PPV. And note that I wrote "one of". Let's not go crazy here.

What do you think is "one of" the best WWE PPVs of the past decade? Not being rhetorical. Just actually curious.

20 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Flair/Rousey
Nia/Becky
Asuka/Naomi
Brock/Rollins
Braun/Drew
Miz/Shane

.... Bayley/Sasha vs........dunno, the Bellas? Shirai/Kairi? No idea where you go with AJ and Bryan - does Cena come back and challenge Bryan, or do you go with Rey? Another shot at Taker/Cena? Can they convince Shawn to do the AJ match? No-one else really matters at this point

God I hope they have the sense to keep Rollins far away from anything meaningful. Unless Drew/Braun is the title match. Then I’m ok with Rollins getting punted into the sun. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I’d make it a triple threat for Mania. Keep Charlotte close so Becky stans have another reason to be paranoid. Keep that heat hot. 

Yes! Reminds me that I love the cycle where Charlotte puts on incredible performances, fans kinda acknowledge that she's really good for a couple of days, then they magically forget about it to return to 'But she's not Becky!', 'But she's a Flair!', 'Vince likes her!", 'overpushed!' and all the other cliches.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The decade? 

Do I just not understand wrestling anymore? 

If you don't know that wrestling fans are basically dogs that go to the extremes of OMG BEST EVER or BARK GROWL HATE THIS on everything, then yes, you don't understand wrestling any more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, just drew said:

God I hope they have the sense to keep Rollins far away from anything meaningful. Unless Drew/Braun is the title match. Then I’m ok with Rollins getting punted into the sun. 

Rollins wins the Royal Rumble and beats Brock at WM. Just a hunch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Rollins wins the Royal Rumble and beats Brock at WM. Just a hunch.

I don’t understand why they think that’s a good idea. But you’re probably not wrong.

9 minutes ago, just drew said:

I don’t understand why they think that’s a good idea. But you’re probably not wrong.

I don't think it's the worst idea they could come up with. This Rollins/Ambrose feud has been awful for everybody. I saw two guys half-heartedly in what was supposed to be a hate filled battle involving the constant bringing up of their friend who had to step away because of leukemia. The announcing has been absolutely terrible. There was no need to bring up Dean and Renee's marriage. It sounds like Renee is rather uncomfortable having it brought up on the air. I blame Vince 100% for this abortion of an angle.

• Like 2