DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm actually looking at the Shane thing a little differently. I think WWE was aware of the negative mainstream attention surrounding this whole thing and didn't want John Oliver or MSNBC running footage of one of the boys celebrating with a giant trophy in SA, so Shane jumped on the grenade (or was tossed on it) being part of the family and all

According to the man we've been complaining about for the past dozen or so posts, Shane winning was the plan from day 1, long before Crown Jewel turned into even more of a shitshow due to current events.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sydneybrown said:

According to the man we've been complaining about for the past dozen or so posts, Shane winning was the plan from day 1, long before Crown Jewel turned into even more of a shitshow due to current events.

I was unaware of that. Maybe building to a Shane/Angle II match at Survivor Series?

7 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Which makes some sense in the whole "Saudis are all Attitude era marks" thing. 

• Like 2

On 11/3/2018 at 9:07 AM, Matt D said:

Jose Lothario was better than both Osprey and Michaels. Let's just move on.

Hope this isn't a joke. Lothario in his mid-60s, early 70s prime was very, very good. Not at all the same type of worker as Michaels or Osprey, but good.

10 minutes ago, LP Steve said:

Hope this isn't a joke. Lothario in his mid-60s, early 70s prime was very, very good. Not at all the same type of worker as Michaels or Osprey, but good.

This is DVDVR. We never joke about El Dandy, Fujiwara, or Jose Lothario.

• Like 7

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, Matt D said:

This is DVDVR. We never joke about El Dandy, Fujiwara, or Jose Lothario.

Heaven help us if someone invokes Mark Henry in this discussion.

2 hours ago, LP Steve said:

Wait ... "mid-60s, early 70s prime", as in age or era?

3 minutes ago, nate said:

Wait ... "mid-60s, early 70s prime", as in age or era?

Mid-'60s, early-'70s. 

Truly, the apostrophe is a small, but important little punctuation mark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Mid-'60s, early-'70s. 

Truly, the apostrophe is a small, but important little punctuation mark.

As God is my witness, I thought I was typing an apostrophe there. I'm spoiled from having a proofreader to save my ass at work...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

So the good people of Cardiff are going to get me a HH of Rey Jr vs. Almas right? (Oh Nakamura was there too)

I was just coming in here to comment on that (just saw the photos over on WWE.com). That could be a great match if given the time and it actually meant something. 

036_Cardiff_11042018at_2572--6de7f3b4b709618ea36f4a6de834c690.jpg

19 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Given Miz wasnt actually injured, I'm certain this is leading to Miz/Shane at Mania

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So the good people of Cardiff are going to get me a HH of Rey Jr vs. Almas right? (Oh Nakamura was there too)

Ya know Rey Rey beating Naka for the US Title only to drop it the next week to Almas wouldn't be the worst plan in the world. Though looking at the Smackdown roster, Almas is the only top heel who hasn't had a run with AJ since he's been champ

Moving on from the penis, I think I recall this came up a couple of years back but it’s a fun game: best survivor series team based on shared first name? Rick (Rude, Steamboat, Flair, Steiner, Martel) or Steve (Austin, Williams, Regal, Corino, Richards) maybe? 

Also, some optional rules to consider:

- Shoot and gimmick names allowed (in which case Sting could be added to the Steve’s)

- non-English variations of the same name (Jack Brisco and Jacques Rougeau)

- male and females allowed for gender neutral names (Jackie added to the above team)

- 4 or 5 person teams? 4 opens up some more options

Matt Riddle vs. Will Ospreay from the WWN SuperShow from this year was great. Easily the best Ospreay performance I've ever seen. And that performance solidified Riddle as a wrestler of the year candidate for me and as the MVP of WM weekend by a long shot.