DVDVR Message Board

Cutting A Fucking Promo 101 Revisited

Thomas Bugg

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
2 hours ago, Hustler of Culture said:

Just a great promo, probably better than anything he did as Stone Cold.  A mesh of 'shooting' and getting one's self over with some ole fashioned heeling.

HoC

Stunning!

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
1 hour ago, Hustler of Culture said:

IMO, the most underrated promo of all time.  The great thing about Hayes was he could cut a great promo as a heel or as a face.

Here as a face he gets the crowd behind him and sells them on he is going to kick Flair's ass with the support of all of the people.

HoC

Good to see a Hayes' face promo, I love his heel stuff.

Holy shit!  This was uploaded today.

The number one.... the number one and the BEST is the ANTI-CHRIST!  NOT GOD!  NOT  GOD!  Because the Anti-Christ IS MEEEEEE!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

FYI, Zorro de Oro was Anticristo. Psicopata is I think Mando Guerrero? Ultraman is Damien 666 and Onita Jr. was Flying Kid Ichihara. Luchawiki is your friend. 

Match isn't too bad. I've actually never seen it. They are missing Anticristo yelling "THANK YOU!" at the end of the interview somehow. 

Oh, and it would have been awesome if that was a fake Hayabusa haha

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The joy on Crockett's face as he chases Dusty down is priceless. As is Dusty lowering his voice for a minute to talk about his sister kicking Flair's ass. 

EDIT: I watched it again and there's also the insinuation that not only would she beat him so bad and so quick she'd want more but I think that he couldn't keep up with her in bed either ? Two edges to that sword of a line.

Edited by Curt McGirt

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Matt D said:

I love this Dusty Promo after Murdoch turned on him:

"It took you to Japan."

Like most NWA WCW shows from this era, just move this over to the "Conmplete Shows" thread because it is all 24k GOLD, BABY! So much genius level stuff, with my highlight being BWMJValiant's trunks saying "ONCE A NIGHT" but his tights read "ALL NIGHT LONG". Mercy! Lots of "just look at him"s from you-know-who.

- RAF

Addendum - And JJ Dillion is so great at ringside, a very underrated manager. I love the slow Lex Luger introduction into thee Four Horsemen leading to the eventual ouster of Ole Anderson, such a great angle.

Edited by thee Reverend Axl Future
I myself underrated JJ Dillion. STUPIDSTUPIDSTUPID
  • Like 3