DVDVR Message Board

Cutting A Fucking Promo 101 Revisited

Thomas Bugg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2018 at 1:55 AM, Captain Kronos said:

I love the story of Vince and Patterson never seeing Scarface, so the Razor character was completely original to them.

Scott Hall saved his career being a Tony Montana clone. How fast do you think Hall would have failed with the original gimmick of Sgt. Slaughter's protégé. I don't think that would have lasted a year.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I love the story of Vince and Patterson never seeing Scarface, so the Razor character was completely original to them.

Scott Hall saved his career being a Tony Montana clone. How fast do you think Hall would have failed with the original gimmick of Sgt. Slaughter's protégé. I don't think that would have lasted a year.

I've never seen Scarface. I went on Vudu the other night to rent it, and it was only $6.99 to buy. So now I own it. It's time I watched it. Maybe tonight. . .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

"Your dad never beat my dad" is a beat of pure, hilarious wrestling poetry. 

We'll miss two of those guys more than we'll ever know.

It gets to me on Bret's dvd set when he says he and Hennig were supposed to get old together and sit on their porches drinking beer, reminiscing about their matches. 

• Sad 1

On 1/11/2019 at 7:38 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It gets to me on Bret's dvd set when he says he and Hennig were supposed to get old together and sit on their porches drinking beer, reminiscing about their matches. 

Same here, matey. I preordered Bret Hitman Hart: The Best There Is, The Best There Was and The Best There Ever Will Be when announced. One of the best wrestling DVD's you can get.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen the other Bret DVD set, the Dungeon Collection? Because it's 3 discs but the back cover only talks about 3 matches.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I never knew Hansen was this good. The only promos I've ever seen him do are the blustering, chaw-slobbering, Missy Hyatt comedy ones from 1990 WCW

Dear lord, how have you never seen Hansen training in Alamaeda Park?!?
Basically hee calls out everyone in All Japan and warns people that Riki Choshu's lariat is weak sister imitation of his own!

of course there is the weird Bizarro World Georgia promo with Bsbyface Stan Hansen and Babyface Kevin Sullivan calling out recently turned heel Oler Anderson

James

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J.H. said:

Dear lord, how have you never seen Hansen training in Alamaeda Park?!?
Basically hee calls out everyone in All Japan and warns people that Riki Choshu's lariat is weak sister imitation of his own!

of course there is the weird Bizarro World Georgia promo with Bsbyface Stan Hansen and Babyface Kevin Sullivan calling out recently turned heel Oler Anderson

James

I was so confused getting a Georgia comp tape during the trading days and there is Stan Hansen as a face. I had not heard about that prior to getting that tape so it was a real blindsider.