DVDVR Message Board

October 2013 NHL Thread

Death From Above

The home opener vs Pittsburgh may send me into Randy Quaid in Major League 2 territory.

Even when the Panthers were bad they weren't this bad. The defensive sucks, the offense is nonexistant and prime Patrick Roy couldn't help this club.

It's seriously embarrassing what a high percentage of the crowd in Edmonton is cheering Montreal. It's exactly the kind of thing most Canadian fans (myself included) make fun of places like Phoenix for.

Same thing with the Shames last night. I've just decided that all North American fans are shit.

The Jets may have lost a game, but it was a moral victory in the end, as this article came out before the game:

A Guide For Wild Fans When Playing The Jets

http://teamof18001.blogspot.ca/2013/10/a-guide-for-wild-fans-when-playing-jets.html

I've been to games there and yeah, it is a tomb. A couple years ago, before the Jets came back, a bunch of us went down there for a Vikings game and also caught a Wild/Rangers game. We were all cheering for the Rangers as a red and blue Jets surrogate and a section of Minnesota fans tried to get all of us kicked out. We weren't swearing or being abusive, just loudly cheering. The security guard came over and then laughed when the Minnesota fans complained about how loud we were. It's a sporting event, love, maybe try cheering louder than us?

Joe Thornton would unzip his pants if he scored four goals

Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said:“Shut up, have you ever played the game?”.When the press turned his way, he then added:“I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it.”

per Sharks beat writer Kevin Kurz

#SJSharks victory song tonight? "The Stroke," by Billy Squire. Well played, Joe

Awesome!

• Like 1

Hurricanes!This team is a defenceman away from getting into the playoffs, but I'm starting to like them.The big line (E. Staal, Tlusty & Semin) aren't going, but Tlusty is still hurt. I'd like to see more offense from Jordan Staal, but he's creating space for his wingers. Skinner is having a good year so far also.The young guys are coming along well. Nash is turning into a decent third line center and Bowman is a spark plug. I love the addition of Gerbe. That's one good midget.Last night Lindholm looked great, and I hope he doesn't wear out over the year. He might be a first liner in another year or two.The defense has issues, but Justin Faulk has played wonderfully this season. Ryan Murphy needs some time to develop, but he's going to be a force in two years. Harrison is okay for a number five d-man, but he's playing in a number four spot.The real amazing addition has been Andrej Sekera, who has been a great defenseman all year long. This guy is just a smart player who does all the right things in an almost unnoticeable way. He doesn't throw big hits, he doesn't block a lot of shots, he doesn't even have a huge shot from the point, but there he is constantly making the right play by being positionally sound.I don't think that the Canes will make the playoffs this year, but I do think that they'll be in the thick of it in March, which is all that I can ask for.