DVDVR Message Board

UFC 229: Khabib vs. McGregor (10/6/2018) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

12 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Awful scenes at the end.

Not that I applaud this type of behaviour, but that was nothing compared to Conor THROWING A DOLLY THROUGH WINDOW AND INJURY SEVERAL PEOPLE.

Also, I ❤️ Khabib.

Hey guys, guess what? McGregor throwing a dolly through a bus window and injuring several fighters was horrible. Khabib fighting in the crowd and his teammates jumping McGregor was also horrible.

Both incidents are allowed to be terrible black eyes on the sport. Whataboutism shouldn't even come into play here.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Casey said:

Hey guys, guess what? McGregor throwing a dolly through a bus window and injuring several fighters was horrible. Khabib fighting in the crowd and his teammates jumping McGregor was also horrible.

Both incidents are allowed to be terrible black eyes on the sport. Whataboutism shouldn't even come into play here.

This.

The security guards having their backs facing away from the cage is some WCW Nitro from 99 type stuff. Zubaira took a hot 15 seconds to get up and over the cage. That one security guard has been doing major boxing and MMA fights forever in Vegas and has seen his fair share of melees. The Mayweather clan vs. the Judahs twelve years ago for example. How do you not have your head on a swivel in that situation? 

• Like 1

Have a buddy there and apparently a bunch of people are fighting outside. Given the type of wannabe hardcases these type of shows attract, I'm going to assume it's the norm.

So they do Conor/Tukhugov now right? 

edit: Derrick Lewis was interviewed on FS2 post-fight and was asked how he was going to celebrate, his reaction ''I'm going to throw my wifes legs into the air''. Greatest man alive. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Casey said:

Safe to say he won't be fighting Artem, right? If so, that's twice that something involving McGregor has caused a match of his to be cancelled.

Never mind the 1 or 2 fights that had to be cancelled involving people who have nothing to do with him except being on a bus at the wrong place at the wrong time 

Two wrongs don't make a right. UFC has let Conor McGregor get away with everything short of murder. It's not OK. But that doesn't make what Khabib did tonight OK either.

Strip Khabib. Book Tony Ferguson in the title fight he has earned and deserves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The security guards having their backs facing away from the cage is some WCW Nitro from 99 type stuff. Zubaira took a hot 15 seconds to get up and over the cage. That one security guard has been doing major boxing and MMA fights forever in Vegas and has seen his fair share of melees. The Mayweather clan vs. the Judahs twelve years ago for example. How do you not have your head on a swivel in that situation? 

Come on man. Stop throwing shade on Doug Dellinger.

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Two wrongs don't make a right. UFC has let Conor McGregor get away with everything short of murder. It's not OK. But that doesn't make what Khabib did tonight OK either.

Strip Khabib. Book Tony Ferguson in the title fight he has earned and deserves.

No way the UFC does any of that.

I'd be surprised if they didn't try and buyout Danis' contract from Bellator and tried to setup a fight with Khabib, too.

At least when the Diaz went apeshit at that Strikeforce show many years ago they kept it in the cage.   

My favorite thing from the night was all the Connor fans at the Hooters I was watching talking about how this proves how much of a bitch Khabib is.    They should be lucky this went down or we would be talking about how badly McGregor was beaten in the fight.  

Dana White can pretend to be all mad and upset but you know in 3 to 5 hours he is going to be in his hotel painting the walls white in glee and happiness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1