DVDVR Message Board

A Good Walk Spoiled

Dolfan in NYC

The Tiger-Phil-Peyton-Brady charity match is currently delayed due to rain.  The guys are out hitting balls in the rain and they seem to still be hoping to play, but there's a very good chance of rain through at least 6 PM.  The network keeps showing shots of one of the greens and it's basically underwater,

2020 - the "gift" that keeps on giving.  If they don't get it in today, the backup plan is to play tomorrow.  I'm assuming that they'll get in nine holes and murder hornets will promptly sting Peyton to death

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Even with the charity match postponement, it's shocking sports channels aren't trying that during the current climate. Just get four awesome people and pay for them to play 18 holes and videotape it. 

Simple, gives product, and keeps sports and social distancing. 

Which one of the four from yesterday would you describe as an "awesome" person? Awesome athletes, for sure, but some pretty bad human beings in that four-ball yesterday.

That being said, networks/sports channels should definltely be doing this. All live sports are pulling great ratings right now, so jump on it.

• 5 weeks later...

Golf.com just wrote an article about the muni course in my neighborhood. This is so great.

The article really does capture the feel of the insanity that is a muni golf course in Philly. I've played probably 80% of my rounds at this place. I nearly got into a fistfight the third time I ever played golf, period. I was sharing a hole with a really nice guy who was giving some really helpful tips. We were in the fairway and all of a sudden a few balls started whipping by our heads. I thought it was just people shanking but I looked up, and there were a bunch of college bros at the tee. It was one of those split tees, and I thought maybe they just got mixed up on the holes. Nope. They were just jerks and did not care we were in the fairway. The guy I was with picked up one of their balls and whipped it into the woods and started screaming at them. I didn't know what was going on and then realized what they were doing and got  mad myself, especially when one of these morons was spitting sunflower seeds all over the fairway. My crazy switch flipped and I got really loud and dropped a bunch of curse words. Then the guy I was splitting holes with got into his card and drove off. I mean, I just met him 15 minutes before, I understand why he would just drop the issue. So I had to meekly leave and let these d-bags play through. 

My favorite on-course hazard was the shirtless teenage dirtbag who put out a lit cigarette on the green while I was lining up a putt. It's in the middle of the neighborhood and people routinely just cut through not considering it's a golf course. 

But it's a really great course for beginners. It's really short. No Par 5s. Only a few with a dogleg. There are one or two that are under 100 yards from the tee. It's actually really helped out a ton on other "real" courses I've played. Since that's where I play the most, I just use irons at the driving range and work on pitching/chipping. Those types of shots are way more fun/frustrating to try and get good at than hitting some long drive anyways. 

I actually haven't played a round in a few years. I worked with these insufferable bro-dudes who were golf obsessives and had pictures of Augusta and stuff on their desks. They were seriously terrible and I wanted nothing to do with them at all, so I stopped playing so we wouldn't have anything to talk about. I also was hit by a car last year and it jammed up my neck and shoulder, so I was afraid I'd reaggravate what happened. I just started hitting again and so far so good.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Jack Nicklaus announced yesterday he and his wife survived coronavirus back in March. 

Also, Jon Rahm won the Memorial yesterday.  By doing so he becomes the first Spaniard since Seve to become the #1 ranked golfer in the world. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bryson at 8/1 odds.  Reached 201 mph ball speed with his standard driver during the practice round.  Still contemplating using the 48" driver as he was thinking about ditching it but tried it yesterday and it worked well.

DJ at 9/1 odds

Rahm at 10/1 odds

My best value pick for DFS would be Corey Conners.  He's at 200/1 odds to win, but I can see him grabbing a top-10 finish here.

HoC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...