DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2018

Dolfan in NYC

On 9/29/2018 at 9:26 AM, Raziel said:

Someone tell Jose to go fuck Jose.

I told you we should've hired Petkie!!!!!! Or even Hans Backe, because in his entire tenure with Metro he never lost a match where his team had the lead (that's not a joke, it's actually true). But I totally draw the line at saying Osorio is better than Jose.

9 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Super weird how selling your best player and firing a manager who won 467 trophies in 2 years might actually be bad.

+ signing an unproven manager at club level who was considered a failure in the Portuguese league while screwing your country over 48 hours before the World Cup.

That's Madrid, you are talking about, right? If not, then that fits them, too.

Atleti beat Brugge 3-1 and Barça beat Spurs 2-4.

I couldn't watch the Barça game, but I heard Messi put on another masterclass performance. No surprise.

I caught some of Atleti vs. Brugge. Atleti looked good. Lemar is such a quality signing. Well worth the fee. He assisted Griezmann on the first goal with a beautiful pass over everyone in the box.

Griezmann also looked great with the brace and controlling the pace of the game in the last couple of minutes, plus assisting Koke on the last goal in extra time.

Ángel Correa on the other hand, almost gave me a heart attack. Atleti were up 2-1 and he lost possession of the ball a couple of times and it got some Brugge counter attacks going. Luckily Atleti's defensive wall was able to hold them back. He also blew some clear chances on goal he should have converted. He's still a very young player, but he needs to tone it down a bit. Someone one describe his talents as "handing a child a Mercedes" which is 100% spot on. Ideally, Atleti would be able to loan him out to a club like West Ham where he could possibly get some minutes and experience.

You get the sense that Mourinho will be removed from Manchester United sooner than later. The Pogba drama is definitely leading to some bad, lifeless form on the pitch. I watched some of the Champs League game on Tuesday and it was not very lively for a home showing.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

You get the sense that Mourinho will be removed from Manchester United sooner than later. The Pogba drama is definitely leading to some bad, lifeless form on the pitch. I watched some of the Champs League game on Tuesday and it was not very lively for a home showing.

Jose need to resign as United manager the same way Budd Dwyer resigned from his office.

On 10/3/2018 at 9:07 AM, Death From Above said:

Super weird how selling your best player and firing a manager who won 467 trophies in 2 years might actually be bad.

To be fair, Zidane called it quits, iirc. 

Question remains if this will be a Barca year or if this will FINALLY be a year were Spanish domination stops. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

To be fair, Zidane called it quits, iirc. 

Question remains if this will be a Barca year or if this will FINALLY be a year were Spanish domination stops. 

It could be a PSG year with Neymar screaming WITNESS ME into the crowd.

Also, it was going to happen, but Miguel Almiron to Arsenal at the end of the MLS Season.

9 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

Or maybe Simeone earns the Champions League trophy he rightfully deserves...

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

It could be a PSG year with Neymar screaming WITNESS ME into the crowd.

No. PSG will crumble whenever they face Madrid, Barcelona, Atleti, Juve, Bayern, etc. as usual.