DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2018

Dolfan in NYC

I dont think it would ever happen unless MLS got to something like 38 or 40 teams and they split into MLS 1 and 2 and then it was still closed pro/rel. But I still would never bet on it. 

That's one of the reasons I dont bother with the league. 

14 hours ago, sabremike said:

You are aware people have paid hundreds of millions of dollars for franchises and you expect the league to adopt a system where they can get kicked out of the league??? Promotion/Relegation is literally impossible to implement in this country and all talk of it is complete and total fantasy.

Yes, I'm fully aware this will most likely never occur due to the potential financial losses, but from a fan POV, that would most likely increase the quality of the games and league.

Edit: And what @odessastepssaid.

Al Anin just knocked out River Plate from the Club World Cup semifinals in a PK shootout.

I know the Club World Cup is another friendly tournament for the Champions League winners, but not for the Copa Libertadores winners. They see this as an opportunity to prove they are as good as the European champions, but it won't be the case this year.

Some River Plate fans traveled over 18 hours from Argentina to UAE confident River would play the CWC finals against Madrid and River got eliminated losing the penalty shootout during their flight.

Atleti's new car sponsor Hyundai gifted the players cars. Thomas gets in one and can't turn it on. He's told to go straight and stop the car and he ends up doing a u turn and driving it around the pitch before almost hitting the billboards.