DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel - 11/2/18 from null, null

John from Cincinnati

40 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Way OT: That wasn't a joke. I support the rights of sex workers and exotic dancer to have control of their own bodies if it's legal and for safety reasons in general. Reduces pimps and sex trafficking and drug addiction.

Back OT: Who here is actually planning on watching this whole event?

I have no interest in any product right now.  It is hard to get invested in something like NXT when you know that they will be mid-card wrestlers at best on either Raw or Smackdown.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Way OT: That wasn't a joke. I support the rights of sex workers and exotic dancer to have control of their own bodies if it's legal and for safety reasons in general. Reduces pimps and sex trafficking and drug addiction.

Back OT: Who here is actually planning on watching this whole event?

I concur on the first point.

Even before all of this I think the only matches I was planning to watch were the world title ones. I didn't watch all of the last Saudi event either just out of non-interest. I feel comfortable skipping this one as a whole, and I probably have the least issues watching WWE among anyone else on the board.

8 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Well if it's good enough for their buddy Trump, who said cutting ties would cost us like 400+ billion and millions of jobs.  Bunch of bullshit.  The fucking unmitigated balls of these people.  "We know it's absolutely unethical, but think about the money."  Two peas in a fucking gold-plated pod, these two white trash millionaires.  They'd be making gas for concentration camps during WWII and counting the dollars if they were alive then. 

My decision to stop supporting WWE when I saw that pic of the McMahon and Trump in the oval office, grinning ear to ear like a bunch of dumb rubes who finally made it to the big city, is constantly proven to be a pretty fucking good one.

Oh fuck you.

Never has the Orson Welles slow clap been so well deserved. Bravo my good man, bravo.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Gargano and Ciampa are totally future 205 Live secondary jobbers.

That is for everyone under 205 right?  Where they wrestle a WWE style match for smaller guys instead of Lucha style, right?  Balor is there right?  Oh wait, he is 206 lbs and over on the main roster.  

9 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Well if it's good enough for their buddy Trump, who said cutting ties would cost us like 400+ billion and millions of jobs.  Bunch of bullshit.  The fucking unmitigated balls of these people.  "We know it's absolutely unethical, but think about the money."  Two peas in a fucking gold-plated pod, these two white trash millionaires.  They'd be making gas for concentration camps during WWII and counting the dollars if they were alive then. 

My decision to stop supporting WWE when I saw that pic of the McMahon and Trump in the oval office, grinning ear to ear like a bunch of dumb rubes who finally made it to the big city, is constantly proven to be a pretty fucking good one.

Oh fuck you.

Yeah, I immediately cut my WWE Network sub and haven't been to a show since they started openly supporting Trump. Not to get too political, but there is a point at which I can't give my money to someone who so openly and blatantly a) hates me and b) would sell my well-being for a nickel even if they liked me. 

This is not to call out anyone else because people have hard lives and need an escape and everyone has their own personal limits, but for me, I can't imagine ever giving a cent to this company ever again, or at least until the company is in someone else's hands and the wrestlers have unionized. In a world full of scumbag corporations, somehow WWE went above and beyond to make themselves radioactive to me.

And I'd been watching consistently since I was four. Heck of a way to torch thirty years of brand loyalty (and then, with this KSA stuff, torch the ashes of my brand loyalty). 

• Thanks 2

I think the World Cup has a fun and interesting lineup and I'll definitely be watching Shawn's return to the ring so mostly that and seeing who Kurt wrestles. Will definitely skip the Universal title match as that one sucked enough the first time around, it's a huge reach but I'll be holding out hope that Brock somehow wins. Curious to see who the alternates are if Cena & Bryan are out.

In a vacuum, I'm interested in both title matches and morbidly curious about the old man tag.

But I don't think I'll watch any of it. My subscription is already paid through sometime in December, but I can at least skip this fucking atrocity.

13 hours ago, hammerva said:

Ronda Rousey being a huge supporter of Crown Jewel is funny and really not surprising.  She would probably get her ass kicked back in UFC, she doesn't have the love for the business to work TNA or the indies, and she is still too young in the WWE to really have a voice.  The people who are standing up against really don't worry about the consequences.    

Ronda Rousey learning to tow the company line defending WWE's bullshit.

9 hours ago, Rick said:

The undisputed era would make a great shield style unit on 205 live

YEPk8rf.jpg

I'm not sure HHH is going to do that. They've never actually taken an over NXT act and put them on 205 Live. I don't think a Smackdown run is out of the question, as long as there's 4 of them they can run numbers games for a little bit. Individual members may make it to 205 Live in time, but I'm not convinced they go up that way.

I think the same of Gargano and Ciampa. At least until Vince gets football-focussed, they ain't going anywhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Billy Gunn will win the belt in a big surprise. It's what I'd book to confuse everyone from the matters at hand.

Then, Austin Gunn runs in with a MITB briefcase, that may or may not contain body parts of a Saudi journalist, cashes in, and beats his dad for the title.