DVDVR Message Board

*NEW* DC MOVIE THREAD

The Natural

1 hour ago, John Austin said:

I'd rather him direct something like a Blue and Gold movie but I'm just not a big Suicide Squad fan.

That's EXACTLY my first thought when I saw this news. Gunn directing Blue and Gold makes a million times more sense than fucking Suicide Squad.

On the other hand, it does mean that if this Suicide squad director goes onstage at Comic con and says "Hey, fuck Marvel, amiright?", people might actually be on his side.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, AxB said:

On the other hand, it does mean that if this Suicide squad director goes onstage at Comic con and says "Hey, fuck Marvel, amiright?", people might actually be on his side.

I'm still lost on the whole David Ayer thing. He claims that Suicide Squad was "his vision" but all the reports from reputable sources said that it was edited by another company and they chose to go that weird pop music/montage style that I hated. 

Ayer's first trailer was dark in tone.  It looked cool,  people thought it looked cool.  If SS was really his vision then he fucked up badly..  that script and the editing was all fucked up. 

44 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm still lost on the whole David Ayer thing. He claims that Suicide Squad was "his vision" but all the reports from reputable sources said that it was edited by another company and they chose to go that weird pop music/montage style that I hated. 

Ayer's first trailer was dark in tone.  It looked cool,  people thought it looked cool.  If SS was really his vision then he fucked up badly..  that script and the editing was all fucked up. 

I don't remember the first trailer getting half the reaction the Bohemian Rhapsody one did. Which was reportedly at least part of the reason they did the reshoots.

Anyway, the concept was fucked from the moment they had the "what do we do when the next Kryptonian invasion level event happens" idea, because that ain't what Task Force X is for.

I'd love that same cast, minus Leto, doing an actual black ops wetwork mission for the shadiest parts of our government.

7 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't remember the first trailer getting half the reaction the Bohemian Rhapsody one did. Which was reportedly at least part of the reason they did the reshoots.

Anyway, the concept was fucked from the moment they had the "what do we do when the next Kryptonian invasion level event happens" idea, because that ain't what Task Force X is for.

I'd love that same cast, minus Leto, doing an actual black ops wetwork mission for the shadiest parts of our government.

I liked the cast and I thought Will smith (being Will Smith) was fun as it usually is.  Margot Robbie was fun.  I liked most of the cast.  Waller was great. But,  I didn't like the mission,  I didn't like how they used Joker or maybe Leto's Joker period,  I don't know.  

Oh and maybe they could have just ripped off the Suicide Squad animated flick?  I thought that's where it was gonna go. 

The main problem was, why did they send the Suicide Squad to handle it? Was Batman washing his hair or something? Wonder Woman literally killed a god, you think she can't handle one sorceress?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

The main problem was, why did they send the Suicide Squad to handle it? Was Batman washing his hair or something? Wonder Woman literally killed a god, you think she can't handle one sorceress?

Yeah but "where was X...."  is just comic books in general. We're supposed to assume they were busy or away or something.

16 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yeah but "where was X...."  is just comic books in general. We're supposed to assume they were busy or away or something.

Like “where was carol danvers during the invasion of New York?” :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Like “where was carol danvers during the invasion of New York?” :)

Yeah,  their explanation I guess is something along the lines of Fury only wanting to use her when there's absolutely no other option available but it doesn't make much sense to me given that most of these Avenger missions ended in thousands of civilian casualties and the formation of the accords. But that's all a debate for another thread I suppose lol 

I'm withholding judgement on that until we actually see if/how they explain it in either CM or Avengers 4.

But, yeah, the mission just made no sense for the property. Especially a first movie. If it was like the third film and they wound up WAY in over their heads, it would've worked. But the Suicide Squad should be doing a political assassination on someone with a meta bodyguard, not be put together to replace fucking Superman.

You guys are asking for logic from whatever shitburger at WB is pulling the strings on the DCEU.

It's like asking for logic from WWE.

Although with the recent good directing hires for upcoming DCEU movies, I hope they have their shit figured out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Casey said:

I read somewhere that Gunn's Suicide Squad isn't going to be a sequel, but rather a reboot.

Everything I've heard is that the entire DCEU is pretty much a soft reboot meaning they will keep Margot Robbie and Gal Gadot but everything else will be new and they are also doing Elseworlds type films that will have nothing to do with the DCEU...    like Joker,  for example.  

Also,  directors have been told that they don't have to tie their films to any other films.  

It all sounds good to me but I have no idea if the same idiots are still in executive positions or not.  I believe there's been turnover and didn't AT&T just buy WB?