DVDVR Message Board

Netflix's The Witcher TV Series

TheVileOne

Yeah, no, Cavill *is* Geralt.  I can't see anyone else working there.  They weren't following the books anymore so you could just stop after Season 3 (which would be on par for Netflix anyway).

• Like 3

If digging down some threads is to be believed, the fact that they *weren't* following the books had more to do with Cavill leaving than playing Superman again.

I mean, I'm taking that with a grain of salt, but Cavill did bitch a few times about the writers veering off in S2.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Raziel said:

If digging down some threads is to be believed, the fact that they *weren't* following the books had more to do with Cavill leaving than playing Superman again.

I mean, I'm taking that with a grain of salt, but Cavill did bitch a few times about the writers veering off in S2.

Considering Season 3 finished filming a while ago, and his return as Superman is more recent, this couldn't have happened in the last week or so.

Anyway, I've already cancelled my Netflix account. Done with this shit. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I liked big chunks of this season (including the party episode, though they tore down that status quo real quick after) and I thought the last three episodes in the subseason had some real strong bits. I will say that it was jarring at times that you'd almost never see Cavill in the same frame with any of the other actors. I had a real sense that he was filming scenes on his own for the most part. Maybe that's just how they decided to shoot it for some reason but it was offputting after a while.