DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

Yeah I loved the show. Exactly the type of show ROH needed. I haven't been that into the company in 2013 but if they can continue to have shows like this I'll be a big fan once again.

-The Bucks match was nuts. They were unreal in this and ACH and TD did a great job too.

-Steen vs. Bennett was a wonderfully crafted match that built and built so well. It was exactly as it should have been.

-My highlight of the show was definitely Ciampa vs. Taven. I cannot get over how perfect this was. Ciampa just brought this insane energy and fire from the moment this started and the whole House Of Truth were fed into him in classic fashion. After a few minutes I was thinking, man if they just END THIS in the next few minutes while the crowd is still going bonkers, this could be an amazing moment. They did and it was!

-The main event took a while to get going but they turned it into a really engaging ECW style "Dog & Pony Show". The crowd were into every twist and turn at the end and so was I. On paper, I'd normally hate the rollup finish but the timing and reaction for it was just perfect. It was a prime example of that type of finish working successfully.

Other things to mention:

-The Whitmer/Jacobs/Strong angle was well done but I wasn't too into the match that preceeded it.
-Outlaw Inc are kinda terrible but Fish and O'Reilly looked good.
-Silas Young is great. I hope that feud continues.
-Matt Hardy is such a brilliant cunt!

On the show this week, Scarlett wished me a happy holiday. That makes me happy. Also on the show this week, the upcoming events listing had one show scheduled for January, and it's a television taping. What the hell is going on with this company?

AJ Styles returns to ROH on Jan 4 to face Roderick Strong

ajstyles.jpg

Love the use of the Impact Wrestling color scheme, and 1/4/14 now being a big date for ROH after TNA did oh so much on 1/4/10. At least this will likely build up one or two future ROH guys using AJ, unless it's a regular gig.

Hold up... Hero isn't using a cravat base offense anymore? I know he's elbow happy, but I though he had atleast a 2 cravat per match policy.

He stopped w/ the cravats when he dropped the goofy, fun stuff like knee walking and cartwheels mid-match and became That Young Knockout Kid.