DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

Cole retained. Matt Hardy was his mentor.

Oh, man.  Too easy.  The jokes write themselves for this one.

Honestly, Hero might be the only guy in ROH right now capable of generating much interest (and eyeballs).  I kinda hate to see Cole cut off at the kness, but I also think they'd be smart to get the title on Hero asap and give him a long run a la Joe.

Of course, this is ROH, so if he does get the title, it will only be after a feud that drags on wayyy too long, four losses in title matches, a sixty minute draw, a random heat-killing loss to Jimmy Jacobs, and general apathy from the fanbase,

The show wasn't especially good. That can't really be blamed on the fans.

Quotes like that are why I've come to hate "smart" fans. Anyone who would say that wasn't a real good show is either clueless or spoiled beyond belief. If WWE or TNA put on a similar show people would be raving about it. I thought I easily got more than my $20 worth

So after reading those results from PWinsider, is safe to say that New York Ring of Honor fans are the worst fans in wrestling.   Seems like every time there is a big ROH show in New York the fans desperately try to make it about themselves. 

I remember when ROH first started running NY at the New Yorker Hotel (site of Joe v. Kobashi) and those crowds were fantastic. They were hot for everything and really not into getting themselves over. I think it's because it felt like it took ROH forever to run shows in NYC and people were just happy it finally happened. I stopped watching in '08 and I'd say that by 2007, the crowds really started to become more concerned with getting themselves over than appreciating the shows. ROH started running almost every major show in NY and I think the fans started to take that for granted.

So after reading those results from PWinsider, is safe to say that New York Ring of Honor fans are the worst fans in wrestling.   Seems like every time there is a big ROH show in New York the fans desperately try to make it about themselves. 

I started to go to the NYC shows in '06.  The crowds are the worst I've ever been a part of.

My favorite match from the show was the Young Bucks vs. Adrenaline Rush. Body of the match was real good, but I loved the finish. They built up to it and peaked at just the right moment. They didn't do too much, which is something that is a main criticism of many indy matches. When they did the finish you felt "they can't top this" and they didn't which is why it was perfect IMO.

Maybe PWG spoiled me but outside of the main, everything just felt very lifeless. I love Steen but his match bordered on a squash, the Edwards tag had it's moments but again...It was probably the worst ROH show I've been to live, but nowhere near their dirt worst as a promotion.

I really, really liked Outlaw Inc. vs. American Wolves from TV last week though.

I liked that match alot too not a bad last match for Davey Richards there was no big send off or anything but it was a fun match packed with good wrestling what else can u ask for

Thumbs down for the TV title match result. Not a big fan of Ciampa since he parted ways with Nana.

I don't get Ciampa. Okay I guess he is over 6 and has some build but he constantly gets injured, doesn't have much charisma, isn't a good wrestler and does really stupid spots.

• Like 2

Thumbs down for the TV title match result. Not a big fan of Ciampa since he parted ways with Nana.

I don't get Ciampa. Okay I guess he is over 6 and has some build but he constantly gets injured, doesn't have much charisma, isn't a good wrestler and does really stupid spots.

I disagree with a lot of what you say here, but Ciampa is a legit 5' 9". He's not a tall guy.

I like Silas Young, he is the only one in ROH who can get the crowd to boo him, besides maybe Bennett. But they hurt Bennett's credibility this past show, they made a big deal of him putting BJ Whitmer out of wrestling and then after the conclusion to Steen-Bennett over this, BJ Whitmer returns and forms a new stable in an unrelated match.