DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

Jim Cornette comes across as a guy who might be completely normal outside of the wrestling context. Sure, he's politically opinionated but a lot of people are. It's wrestling that upsets him. If he were to step away and go into a different line of work, he'd probably be a normal guy.

I'm not sure about that. Cornette seems like a guy who, no matter his line of work, will always let his temper get the best of him. If he cut all ties to wrestling tomorrow and opened a restaurant or went to work for an accountant he'd still end up blowing up and ranting and raving.

• Like 1

I've met Cornette at conventions and socially he seems perfectly fine. I think if he was Jim The Accountant, he'd be the guy who gets drunk and rants about whatever's on his mind on the weekends but is otherwise harmless. He did just fine in WWE until he slapped Santino.Ā 

I'm not sure about that. Cornette seems like a guy who, no matter his line of work, will always let his temper get the best of him. If he cut all ties to wrestling tomorrow and opened a restaurant or went to work for an accountant he'd still end up blowing up and ranting and raving.

Ā 

Exactly.Ā  He ends up burning the bridge for every company he ever works for because, I guess, he's always right and eventually he can't fight the need to tell everyone else just how wrong they are.

Ā 

When you tell the same kind of story about every single ex-employer, maybe the problem is you.

• Like 3

So who had 10/9/14 in the pool for the day Madman Pondo would work a Ring Of Honor show?

Ā 

I had to look to see where in the hell Pondo would show up at a ROH show but it would make perfect sense to show up at Michael Bennett's bachelor party show. Ā Those shows are complete bizzaro world for that company.

Ā 

Watching the TV show and man Prince Nana's new team of the Bloodhound Warrors was something. Ā If this was 1985 those guys would be pushed insane in Memphis with their massive bodies and strange looks. Ā But unfortunately wrong place wrong time as they really suck in the ring. Ā In trouble when you are expecting RD Evans and Moose to be the workhorse in the match

Ā 

Man they really did nothing to put over Chiampa beating up Cruise on last week's show. Ā In fact they kind of admitted that what happened last week on TV was something was that taped a month or two ago to justify why Bobby Cruise was there.

Ā 

Love the "Chicken and cheese" name of Mark Briscoe & Cheeseburger