DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Fuck The Shield - 8/20/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Oh. That sounds like it was during the month or two long stretch where I didn't watch RAW or Smackdown. Although, if they "turned heel" on the B-Team, it wouldn't register with me, because Axel and Dallas are so fucking annoying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

One more thing that didn't make sense -  Finn Balor becomes "DEMON" for Constable Corbin but not for a title match?   Why?  

When faced with questions like this, it's important to remember that the demon gimmick is incredibly stupid and lame, and will therefore never be cool or make sense at all.

13 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm disappointed in Liv Morgan - her shoe game was weak tonight. The Homage 2 Home Jordans are the worst thing ever, I thought she'd know better.

When you are a collector like I am sometimes you are buying J's that are more for the sake of owning them than for personal preference 

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

When you are a collector like I am sometimes you are buying J's that are more for the sake of owning them than for personal preference 

I don't know anything about shoe collectors, but do you generally wear shoes you only bought so you could have them?

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Well, for one, she gets all of her shoes for free from Champs Sports (like Sasha does). But, I get where you're coming from because I'm a sneakerhead too. Which is why I'm always talking about her shoes every Monday night. I'm pretty sure it was like, last week or the week before, she wore my favorite pair of Js - the New Love 1s.

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't know anything about shoe collectors, but do you generally wear shoes you only bought so you could have them?

I paid $190 for a pair from 2009 that I've worn maybe 5 times since I got them.

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's just to complete the set like completing a set of Topps trading cards.  All my shoes go right back into the boxes.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Well, for one, she gets all of her shoes for free from Champs Sports (like Sasha does).

I saw them on Champs Sports IG page so I was aware of that but I believe they were both buying Jordans way back in the early days of NXT.  Liv was for sure.  It's just like with the Jolly Ranchers.  She gets them for free now but at one time she was buying them because she liked them.  Then Jolly Ranchers sent her a shitload of them.  

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Yeah, I knew Liv was buying her own shoes back in NXT. That was kinda her gimmick. Dating Enzo probably didn't help that, either, since he's a sneakerhead too.

If you made a list of top ten dumbest things Enzo has done..  I'm not sure where this would fall but cheating on Liv and hanging out with other drug addicts in sketchy hotels ranks right up there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I can't imagine paying that much for a pair of shoes, but to each their own. (Since I just dropped about $120 on Archie comics this week, plus another 35 or 40 on the Seven Soldiers Grant Morrison omnibus, I'm definitely not judging)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

I can't imagine paying that much for a pair of shoes, but to each their own. (Since I just dropped about $120 on Archie comics this week, plus another 35 or 40 on the Seven Soldiers Grant Morrison omnibus, I'm definitely not judging)

I mean, the resell value on some of these shoes are outrageous. If I had a pair of Yeezys I could make like x4 what retail price is because the demand is so high. Same thing with certain pairs of Jordans, and a few different types of Nikes (right now it's the Off White collabs, going for thousands of dollars).

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I started collecting steelbooks too, I can't let go of physical media.  Just got the Infinity War the other day.  I used to collect comics.  I collected trading cards at one time but I sold a lot of them.  

It's so hard (and expensive sometimes) to find shoes I like in a size 15. The struggle is real.

The only other thing I collect besides shoes are watches. So far, my shoe collection is far bigger than my watch collection. But my taste in watches is super expensive, so... the only two watches I have so far probably equal out to about 6 pairs of shoes.

20 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

These sorts of collections and policies on how people treat their collections always come off as odd until you recall stuff you collect yourself.  I didn't get buying massive amounts of shoes and not wearing them, then remembered I'm in several groups for Transformers collectors and lots of other group members have posted pics of their collections (rooms full of hundreds of figures in some cases) that have never been taken out of the packages.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Like I said, definitely not judging. I was genuinely asking if people wear shoes they buy as a collector's item.

I wear some of them but like I was saying before they'll still go right back in the box after,  I'll only wear them at certain times.  I have other sneakers for work and everyday living. 

I assume everyone is talking about hair dye and shoes to sidestep the fact that Dean Ambrose had a wrestling match tonight, the highlight of which was his new offense.

His loose-ass strikes always looked like shit so seeing angry-face Ambrose start off the match with chain-wrestling was weird enough. Then he busts out these new power moves that looked genuinely good.

• Like 7