DVDVR Message Board

SDL is the Kramer Kingdon Show - 8/7/2018

Dolfan in NYC

27 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That Bludgeons squash was easily the funniest thing I've seen all year. 

That was THE WORST TIMING FOR A COMMERCIAL BREAK EVER.

Who where those guys? What were they saying in the locker room?! I demand answers!

Also Truth is a national treasure. Great episode.

Charlotte/Becky vs. IIconics was decent enough.

Truth challenge segment with Nakamura was wonderful, and the subsequent match wasn't too shabby either.

I liked Miz finally breaking down in his interview and the eventual attack from Bryan.

Dug the Bludgeon Brothers squash, and the main event was great. Nice to see the tag division featured as the main event.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

It is kind of funny that they have been teasing Bayley & Sasha breaking up for about 5 months to an awful death march and Becky & Charlotte might do it at summerslam first after only about 3 weeks of buildup

That's WWE Creative, pretty much encapsulated right there.

• Like 2

Wild theory: R Truth being someone who clearly watches the product enough to have a basic idea of what is going on but can't quite connect the dots because he's old and crazy is one of the slickest ribs of Vince ever done on his own shows.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I have no idea who they were and I don't think it mattered -- when one guy gets suplexed on another, who cares? 

They were Taz Jr. and Roman Reign's Starter Kit, you guys really need to start listening to the commentary.

Fun, if uneventful, show. Sheamus was really laying it in in the main event.

With Mondays having Saul back on, football on the way, and baseball still going, I think I'm fine to just watch SD for a bit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

It is kind of funny that they have been teasing Bayley & Sasha breaking up for about 5 months to an awful death march and Becky & Charlotte might do it at summerslam first after only about 3 weeks of buildup

That's what was clever about the line, too. On the surface its a dig at Raw's lazy storytelling like the sort we were seeing in 2016 episodes of SDL/Talking Smack, but it seems to be more strongly hinting that when one of them turns on the other (the storytelling so far seems to be suggesting it'll be Becky turning on Charlotte, which I honestly think has a lot of potential though I realise its a controversial opinion), its going to be a proper turn rather than a one-off segment and return to normality.

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Here's a novel idea. Why doesn't Rusev watch the replay backstage and see that Aiden wasn't wrong in trying to help?

I'm really scared they are gonna do some sort of love triangle thing with Aiden/Rusev and Lana. Aiden keeps screwing up because he's madly in love with Lana.

Also, Bryan finally getting to punch The Miz after three years of build up was so damn amazing. He hadn't hit him on tv yet I think (they had house show matches, but as we know that doesn't count).