DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXI - 8/19/2018

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The main event though...  I mean why the fuck didn't Braun enter as a triple threat?  He was like "I'm not a coward" and the crowd was HYPED and then he sits it out.  I guess the real reason was to use Braun as a distraction so the crowd didn't shit all over the match...   but the crowd started shitting on it anyway.  

AND...  Braun now looks like a fucking idiot. 

Honestly, I think that booking was pretty damn smart.  Braun told them to go ahead and beat the shit out of each other because he would cash in as soon as someone won and he would have been fresh.  So each guy tried to end the match as quickly as possible.  Then Brock saw the opening and killed Braun.  

Apparently once Brock threw the briefcase away, Braun couldn't cash in anymore?  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

That crowd finally gave Charlotte the reaction she has deserved for about a year now.  The Roman Reigns reaction.   The reaction Reigns doesn't really deserve because he isn't really shoved down our throats unlike Charlotte

I don't disagree with you but.....    

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Edwin said:

Also, Ronda blatantly calling matches in the ring...

No no no. Professional broadcaster coach fixed that by calling everyone's attention to it and telling us that she was just asking Alexa if she was "ready" to "feel the pain."

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Don't go Meltzer and Alvarez on us.  Nobody should ever go full Meltzer and Alvarez.

That was a surprising fun Memphis style fight

The crowd responses to him have been pretty flat compared to the pops he was getting before the forced retirement. I would enjoy seeing him elsewhere.

Show was fine but I fast forwarded through a lot. My favourite moment was quivering lip Nakamura. And the ultimate underdog, Roman Reigns, finally getting his big moment in the sun. Well deserved, Big Dog. It's your yard now.

Main event was another fun Brock kaiju battle that I'll miss even though we have to suffer for two years to get one. 

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

No no no. Professional broadcaster coach fixed that by calling everyone's attention to it and telling us that she was just asking Alexa if she was "ready" to "feel the pain."

Coach also dropped this gem:

1 minute ago, Edwin said:

Seth Rollins hurts his knee, no sells it moments later and Coach blurts out "So much for the injured knee."

So do they

1) Hear the reaction Becky got for turning heel and let her come out as a Stone Cold style antihero and kick the shit out of everyone as a badass babyface and become unbelievably popular?

or

2) Hear the reaction Becky got and try to "fix" the crowd by having her be a whiny mincing coward and having her say some shit about Ric Flair's liver or whatnot?

I think you know what's going to happen.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Didn't he say earlier this week that it was very likely he was going to sign a new one because he was happy or something along that line?

I'm glad the Miz won. Now they can continue to build to a bigger match at WM.

You mean like add their wives to make the match even shittier?  I personally would have liked to have seen the old American Dragon persona (style anyway) and have that be a squash to pump him back up as a true main eventer.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Bryan's contract is up in like 12 days. 

What's your point?  They LITERALLY had a segment after where they all but booked Bryan/Brie vs. Miz/Maryse for the next show.  Where Brie will get the pin further frustrating Bryan that he didn't beat Miz himself.  You think that would have aired if they didn't have the deal with Bryan done?

14 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I was pissed with Charlotte Flair winning, she's back as a women's champion, she's much better as a heel and it all came at the expense of Becky Lynch who is so likeable. Fuck that shit.

Charlotte Flair has taken part in two of my least favourite match results this year: submitting Asuka at WrestleMania XXXIV ending Asuka's undefeated streak and this at SummerSlam.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sydneybrown said:

What's your point?  They LITERALLY had a segment after where they all but booked Bryan/Brie vs. Miz/Maryse for the next show.  Where Brie will get the pin further frustrating Bryan that he didn't beat Miz himself.  You think that would have aired if they didn't have the deal with Bryan done?

100% yes.

I kind of wish they had cast someone less douchy looking to be Rhonda's husband so every Neil Turban-looking motherfucker doesn't get the idea that if you go to an event looking in that state some sweaty lady is going to jump the barricade and rub her creepy eye makeup all over your stupid bald head.

4 minutes ago, iowanole said:

You mean like add their wives to make the match even shittier?  I personally would have liked to have seen the old American Dragon persona (style anyway) and have that be a squash to pump him back up as a true main eventer.  

It's one of the hottest angles in the companies recent history and the Miz is a great heel and Bryan is one of the best baby faces they have. I'm sure they can drag this out until WM and have Bryan get his big win on the biggest stage they have.

9 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Honestly, I think that booking was pretty damn smart.  Braun told them to go ahead and beat the shit out of each other because he would cash in as soon as someone won and he would have been fresh.  So each guy tried to end the match as quickly as possible.  Then Brock saw the opening and killed Braun.  

Apparently once Brock threw the briefcase away, Braun couldn't cash in anymore?  

I was talking about the "I'm not a coward" part of his speech.  I think 100% of the building thought that meant "I'll beat you fuckers both when you're fresh, I don't give a fuck GET THESE HANDS BRUH"  

And that would have been perfect.  The place was unglued.  And then we got what we got..  

• Like 6