DVDVR Message Board

How I Met Your Mother Season 9

RandomAct

Missed that, but I still believe with the ending of the 2nd episode that they're telegraphing that she dies sometime before Ted tells the story to the kids (not super young, but like, within a couple years of the kids initial ages.)

That 90 more days speech from Ted last season reeks of it.

• 3 weeks later...

The fact that they just had a Slutty Pumpkin cameo is really really... strange....

I also am amused that they made a big deal about how the Mother was going to be a big part of this final season and so far Cristin Milioti was only in the season premiere

I must have blanked because I totes missed the Slutty Pumpkin.  I've been distracted :/

It was a blink and you missed it moment. That is why it was strange. I mean Katie Holmes must be really bored that she agreed to do it.

Seems like every episode so far has been in a holding pattern.  Nothing at all is happening.  I'm sure they are going to kick it into gear in the second half of the season, but it's kinda obvious that they didn't plan on going to season 9.

• 2 weeks later...

Deadline is reporting that they will be a "spin-off" show entitled How I Meet Your Father.

It is being created by Bays/Thomas

None of the current cast would be on it but the show would be the same concept... only it would be gender swapped

I must have blanked because I totes missed the Slutty Pumpkin.  I've been distracted :/

It was a blink and you missed it moment. That is why it was strange. I mean Katie Holmes must be really bored that she agreed to do it.

I thought it looked a bit green screenish, as if they edited old footage of her in there.

Did a marathon of season 8 over the last couple days and I was pleasantly surprised. I actually liked Ted a lot more this season, and am glad to see his feelings for Robin didn't just go away when she & Barney got back together.